Topic: guitars in tune

Hi all, how well does your guitar stay in tune?, I tune every time I play and they usually stay in tune.

curious  Badeye.   cool

one caper after another

Re: guitars in tune

Hey Badeye,

My guitars all have different personalities,my Martin hates temp changes and humidity changes,the epiphone is tempermental too but not quite as bad as the martin.I have a yairi that goes with the flow,she doesn't let anything bother her she is always ready to go.
I always tune up prior to playing also,I don't tune up by ear but I can usually can tell if I'm needing another tuneup.

Later, Wayne P

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-05-24 21:37:56)

I havent had any tuning problems since the neck broke after a night of celebrating my buddy and I glued it back together funny thing it stays in tune better now then when it was new lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Both my Fender and Martin stay in tune pretty well.  I notice they tune down a bit after a few days and just a small adjustment gets them right back in usually.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

my guitar hardly goes out of tune, or not that i notice lol even after 4 days of sitting on the stand i can pick it up and it is fine. But sometimes it does even after a day.
No idea why when it can sit for days and be ok. Maybe the temp. in the house? or my wife picks it up

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

you let the wife TOUCH IT? OOOOOOOEERRR

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Both mine stay in tune pretty well but i still fine tune them each time i play especially if i use a capo for a while.

Weather seems to be the biggest factor other than just the quality/set up. I have a tough time keeping them tuned when the humid summer months hit. Seems they all need a tweaking every day. I wish it would make me stop buying more but it hasn't seemed to help

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Yep.  Weather's a big deal.  I just went camping.  Going from my basement to the campground, my guitar dropped a semitone from E to D# (and so one with each string).  The next night, the weather hadn't changed much and it required only minor adjustments.  The next day we had a big weather change and I had to do another big retune.  Barometric pressure and humidity are the big things.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Depending on the guitar, the differences can be wild.  I've got Strat that never goes out of tune.  Same with my Ovation. I had a Les Paul once that I'm pretty sure laughed at the weather.  The Yairi on the other hand is very particular about temperature and humidity. So is my Godin.  The important thing is not to think of this as something negative.  Its just something that is.  Some are affected more than others.  That's why God made tuners!  The only guitar that I know of that is completely immune to such things is a Rainsong.

Now available in 5G !

Hey Badeye ,
   If I'm playing alone and pick up one of my guitars , if it's in tune relative to itself , then I just play it ... If playing with others then I check tuning and most of the time just minor tweaking unless there has been a lot of temp or humidity change , then they can be a full tone sharp or flat ....
                       Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "