Topic: playling recordings

Not strickly recording but I record onto my Boss micro which produces MP3.  I want to use this to play along side me as a backing track, at the monent  I am converting it to CD but I would like to use the Boss driect as it gives me more control.
But I cannot find a way to play it through a Amp.  It makes a loud buzzing noise, it plays well through my stereo but I would look a fool luging a stereo around.
Anyone have any suggestions please.
PS I only want to use this systen when playing for family and friends

man is the dream of the doliphin

Re: playling recordings

Tony is this the output source of what your useing?
http://www.roland.com/products/en/MICRO_BR/images/info_06L_L.jpg

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Rusell
Simply put yes,
I do have a problem that as the conections to the Boss are the small ones, if I use a conector (large to small)
I seem to have a vloume drop and so I have to increse the levels to compensate. I am looking to find a cable that has both ends right.
Hope you can help
TonyBlue

Tony by "small ones" do you mean rca jacks? or 1/8" stereo plug? if its rca jacks and I'm betting it is because you hook up to your stereo you can solve this with a Y chord adapter that plugs into your rca outs and can plug into your amp let me find a photo of what you need ok?be right back smile

are these the ends that plug into your boss output source?
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-40594459138532_2049_20109842

the ends on the right are RCA jacks the other is a stereo 1/8 in jack you can get a female adapter that this will plug into and it has a 1/4" guitar plug on the other end this go's into your amp so plug the two rca jacks into your "outs" plug the 1/8 "stereo jack into a 1/4" FEMALE adapter it has a small hole on one end and a guitar plug on the other this go's into the amp its a common chord and can be purchased along with the adapter at any electronics department the best one would be Radio Shack the cost is less then $10.00 for both and the reason it hums or buzzes is because the output from the boss is a weaker signal and needs to be sent thru smaller wires and the y chord and adapter will solve this smile

Cool Russell.
I will print it out and take it shopping tomorrow.
My Thanks to you
TonyBlue

tony they may sell a y chord with the 2 rca jacks and a guitar plug on the other end I know ive seen them at radio shack but if they dont get the FEMALE 1/8"STEREO TO 1/4" JACK and that should take care of it good luck and any problems give a shout here smile

This may or may not help...But when I use a footswitch and use the power cord I get a buzzing sound...But when I use batteries..It sounds fine...I dont know if your Boss will run on batteries or not but you might try that if it does....

Russell you are a GOD.
I have had this problem for over a year thinking that I could do nothing about it, after your input I went to my local Maplins, and for £2.29 got a Y conector, now I can play my guitar through the Boss through the Amp, and it sounds cool. THANK YOU.

Riddler thank you and yes I use the batteries when playing outside my home

Thanks to you both TonyBlue

Tony I'm happy to help its good to hear your finely able to do what you want for a small amount and I'm no God that's reserved for the big guy who knows even more then me lol