Topic: NIGHTMARE?

I was awakened this morning by a pain in my head and this was not a headache,in my sleep I suddenly jumped out of bed and hit my head on my guitar there is a lump where I struck it and I got to thinking about what I was dreaming that would cause this as I have never had this happen in my whole life before this morning,this may sound a little weird but I recalled that I was dreaming about a enormous worm shaped entity that was consuming people in the house I was at and I was the only one who could see it so I was running around warning everyone to leave and all of them just laughed and chided me and all around me this creature was devouring people so I ran to the door and I was swallowed I remember fighting and kicking this thing and it was so violent it lurched and spit me out and that when I realized I had jumped out of bed the dream ended and I put ice cubes in a cloth and sat there wondering what caused me to have this intense experience I dont have a clue just a bump and I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar thing happen to them smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: NIGHTMARE?

Kinda sounds like someone put magical mushrooms in your spaghetti last
night.

Nela

Or did you put some spaghetti in your mushrooms. lol I've heard that too much garlic can give you bad dreams.

Good one Russ...There's gotta be a song in there,can't wait to hear it.

KeNnY

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

well I dont use drugs or drink alcohol so it must have been the garlic lol

lol Okee Dokey lol

kEnNy

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

My wife says I wake up swinging, like I'm fighting someone. I dont remember my dreams so I have no idea what thats all about.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I can read into your dream.  Soon, you will start a band called the Bumpy Worms.  People will boo you often, as being shown by people being eaten up.
I think maybe you should start drinking.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I dug up some worms today for fishing, hope I don't have that dream too.  lol

cool  Badeye..

one caper after another

You know what gives me freaky dreams?  Duck.  Seriously.  I love duck, too.  All that crispy delicious goodness, but every time I eat it, I have the most bizzare dreams.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I know!! its the "Lambton Worm" big_smile yer been dreaming of !!OH! it goes back a long way..yer havent been colluding  wiv and auld witches have yer?

"hush lads had yer gob while i tell yer aboot a arful story ! hush lads had yer gob an i'll tell yer aboot the wormmmm !"  lol

i think this will explain yer dream m8

http://www.hufsoft.com/adventures/29.html

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Micky I bookmarked the page so I can read the whole thing and the closest way to discribe what was in my dream is the subway worm in the movie "men in black" but I will read the lamton story later smile

micky the mooch wrote:

I know!! its the "Lambton Worm" big_smile yer been dreaming of !!OH! it goes back a long way..yer havent been colluding  wiv and auld witches have yer?

"hush lads had yer gob while i tell yer aboot a arful story ! hush lads had yer gob an i'll tell yer aboot the wormmmm !"  lol

i think this will explain yer dream m8

http://www.hufsoft.com/adventures/29.html

Hi ,
   Don't know about nightmares and such , but does anyone else ever wake themselves up laughing ?? Sometimes I sleep right through , but my laughing wakes my wife up and she says that sometimes I'm laughing and giggling so hard that it gets her going too ... How bizzare is that ?? The worst part is that most of the time I can't remember what I was laughing about ...
Sure wish I could remember , since it would probably be a hoot , L O L ....
                 Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I just want to know why your guitar is suspended over your bed. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf my guitar was on the floor leaning up against the bookcase next to my bed,impossible as it may seem I somehow jumped out of bed in my sleep and my head struck the corner of the body,the swelling has gone down but there's still a little bump to remind me I much prefer the dreams where I'm flying or engaged in some "personal activity" with a member of the opposite gender lol

Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Russell,
That is a messed up dream. They say there is a fine line between genuis and madness. Perhaps you stepped on the line!!!!!!! I think wearing a helmet to bed will solve your problem.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

16 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-04-08 16:36:35)

I have to agree with you about a messed up dream and I dont think im a genius or crazy and I have moved all the objects from around my bed just in case,thats a negative on the helmet lol

geoaguiar wrote:

Russell,
That is a messed up dream. They say there is a fine line between genuis and madness. Perhaps you stepped on the line!!!!!!! I think wearing a helmet to bed will solve your problem.

Russell_Harding wrote:

Zurf my guitar was on the floor leaning up against the bookcase next to my bed,impossible as it may seem I somehow jumped out of bed in my sleep and my head struck the corner of the body,the swelling has gone down but there's still a little bump to remind me I much prefer the dreams where I'm flying or engaged in some "personal activity" with a member of the opposite gender lol

Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Be thankfull you don't keep the piano in your bedroom. Also keep in mind if you fall on your guitar when having a 'personal activity' dream it may take a skilled surgeon to remove it!

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

too much ice cream will give ya the worms, make ya bump yer head,in the middle of the nite.

just funnin wit ya...   Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Russell_Harding wrote:

I much prefer the dreams where I'm flying or engaged in some "personal activity" with a member of the opposite gender lol

If you combine the two, you may finally get an answer to a question that starts out "Who gives a...". 

I had an odd dream the other night myself.  It didn't involve worms, but it did involve odd fish that were kind of a hybrid between flounder and piranha.  I dreamt that I was fishing with a buddy.  We were using fly rods to lob heavy baits for bottom fishing (totally a mis-match between presentation and equipment, like using a Smart Car to pull a heavy trailer).  Then we sat on a grassy bank that was at the bottom of a gently sloping hill.  At the crest of the hill was a stone castle.  In the outer yard of the castle, there was a low wall enclosing a small courtyard.  In the courtyard was a bistro like I would imagine you run across on the streets of France (or so I guess from the movies, having never been to France myself).  There was some music drifting down.  My buddy and I didn't like the music, so I started playing songs on my guitar, which I miraculously pulled from my small tackle box, and my buddy started singing.  The particular buddy is a terrific singer in reality.  That's when the fish started to hit.  We pulled in the fish while continuing to sing, and a waiter brought down some ice water to us and bought the fishes from us to serve in the restaurant.  Because they had big mouths full of sharp teeth, we made the waiter take the fishes off the hooks.  That's the last bit I remember. 

I would love to know what makes G S E laugh out loud enough and long enough to wake his funny little honey. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf that was a good one! this has become an interesting thread,people jumping out of bed punching air and laughing it would be natural for you to dream of fishing as your an avid angler but the castle on the crest of the hill with a bistro is a nice addition and Charlotte I live in a studio apartment and a piano would take up just about all the available space,I hope I dont ever need the services of a skilled surgeon as a result of a dream lol if anyone has any more strange dreams chime in smile

OK, in the "afraid of what's under the bed" category.  I used to dream about wierd clicking and rattling noises in the middle of the night.  I would lay there under the covers in my dark room afraid of the sounds coming seemingly from underneath my bed.  I would lay there for the longest time in fear.  Finally when I got up the nerve to lean over and look under the bed, where the sounds definitely were coming from, I carefully lifted the overhanging covers and looked and there was an old fashioned typewriter clanging and jumping at me.  It used to scare the hell out me.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Zurf ... I'm amazed you can remember such detail in your dreams! lol They're a lot better than mine ... the weirdest one I had was being swallowed by someone and me waking up in their stomach and not knowing how to get out neutral

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

23 (edited by Zurf 2009-04-08 20:47:53)

Remembering my dreams has always been easy for me.  It's forgetting them that's the problem!  I used to be able to manipulate and control them.  If I was falling, I'd just put on some wings and fly, or if I was under attack I'd just conjure up a bunch of Marines.  Inside my mind is a very, very wierd place to play. 

As far as your dream LesPaulGuy, there's only two ways out.  The way you came in, and the - other - way. 

Bensonp - that is so TOTALLY dreamish.  Why should a typewriter by scary?  No reason, but in a dream, ordinary items like that can be totally horrifying and you can get driving directions from a blood splattered vampire or a talking garbage pail with a mustache and a thick Italian accent without a second thought. 

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:

Remembering my dreams has always been easy for me.  It's forgetting them that's the problem!  I used to be able to manipulate and control them.  If I was falling, I'd just put on some wings and fly, or if I was under attack I'd just conjure up a bunch of Marines.  Inside my mind is a very, very wierd place to play. 

As far as your dream LesPaulGuy, there's only two ways out.  The way you came in, and the - other - way. 

Bensonp - that is so TOTALLY dreamish.  Why should a typewriter by scary?  No reason, but in a dream, ordinary items like that can be totally horrifying and you can get driving directions from a blood splattered vampire or a talking garbage pail with a mustache and a thick Italian accent without a second thought. 

- Zurf

Luckily I didnt find either way out ... I said to myself, "Wait a minute, this is just a dream."  Smacked myself and woke up smile

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75