Topic: My Song Book

Why is it that when I add songs to my song book, they change- chords change, words change...  How can I stop this?

I hope you don't mind but I felt that this post belonged in the About Chordie section of the forum. Cheers, alvee33.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.

2 (edited by bensonp 2009-03-25 16:54:25)

Re: My Song Book

You are in the Twilight Zone.  I've never had this happen, but thought I would post to keep it on top so admin won't miss it.  I'm curious, too.  Good luck

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi 78 Cade,

could you give a link to the song you are adding to your songbook so i can try thsi out and see.
Are you transposing it before you are adding? Or is it all just totally different when it is added?

We should be able to do sometihng about this.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Thanks.  Love is all Around by the Troggs.  I copied it from a songbook in key of D.  When it changed to my book, it became a different key, and different format.  Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar became a shortened version of what I had tried to copy.  Thanks, and have a great night.  Donna

I think I have the same problem as Russ F.  He wants to print songs that have been transposed with different chords.  Me too.  But just add the newly transposed songs to my songbook.   

Live well.  Laugh often.  Love much.   ; )   Donna

HI Donna,

Is this what it looks like when you move it into your songbook?

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 19801.html

If you have taken it from someone elses songbook it might be going back to the original way it is shown in chordie.

I would really need a link from where you had the song in D to move it into your songbook so i could do what you have done. This is so I can see hopefully exactly what you are seeing.
If you can find the songbook it was in and click on your address bar, right click, copy and then paste the link in a reply here.

cheers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending