Topic: free music

With a name like that it looks like spam lol

I got told last week about this website and so far I like it.

www.spotify.com

You can listen to music free and legally online.
It does not download it on to your computer but you can have play lists.
Before U2's new album was released in the shops it was on this site.

there is one drawback ( had to be) Every now and then, maybe on the 8th song of an album it will advertise something else during the song. But for free legal music for the sake of an advert through a song I think it is good.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: free music

We Americans can't access the site......:( Sounds cool though -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Yeah, but we've got Pandora here in the U.S.  Spotify is the UK's revenge.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

aahh, sorry bout that.
It is good though, but you will have your pandora version then.
is that free and legal?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Try www.playlist.com, it's free and legal, and you can add your lists to your Myspace and such.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Pandora is free and legal.  You "seed" it with an artist or song, and several more to fine tune it if you like.  Then it figures out the basic elements of that artist or song - like major tonality, 3/4 timing, cajun beat, etc. - and it plays songs from artists that have similar elements.  You can tell it that you really like certain songs and that you do not like certain other songs and it continues to fine tune it over time.  It's a great way to hear new artists.  They have links from the songs being played to let you purchase them from iTunes or Amazon.  They make no secret about it, they are selling music.  Nevertheless, it's good music in a style selected by the listener, free (until you decide to purchase), and legal.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I used to be registered on Pandora - it was a great system for hearing new music.  Then I got knocked off the system because of some licensing dispute.

Most of the stuff I was getting through was bluegrass, newgrass and altcountry stuff. I'll maybe try spotify and see if they include anything more than indie pop.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello