1 (edited by alansheeran 2009-03-18 07:28:52)

Topic: The Only Thing Missing is Music.

This, I suppose, is a location song. I was thinking about Mussenden Temple on our Atlantic coast and this came out.

We used to take our summer holidays here at Downill - below the cliffs. There was a train used to stop, which no longer does, there used to be a hotel, which is gone, there used to be fish, they are also gone - but the Temple remains.

Here are some views

http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/ … aine-P2928

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- … ddings.htm

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Re: The Only Thing Missing is Music.

hi alan a beautiful love song,nice easy play chords,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi alan,

what a beautiful song and the images were also fab! notice that they took it when the sun was shining, it always rains when i'm in ireland, but next time i'm gonna visit your temple.

i liked the way you put a little twist in the tale, "the boat touching the sand means i must take away my hand from your hand" priceless. well done and thanks for sharing.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by selso 2009-03-18 21:39:03)

Hey alan,
I love the title. Ive been to alot of great places and the only thing that could have made it better was music. the last verse, or is it a chorus, kinda threw me off, but i like the way you wrapped it up. recording?
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Im glad i looked at the links first !

The song fits beautifully into the setting..

Gorgeous id say to both scenery and Lyrics.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks everyone.

It's a beautiful place. I will admit that the photographer chose a good day for the shoot. I always think the best weather in Ireland is in May, rather than July/August.

As a kid you don't notice the weather. We would fish and run along the beach in the rain and never notice it.

A few years ago I went back and decided to fish while the kids and herself went in to paint bowls etc in an artists studio tucked just under the cliff. It's a long way out to the best fishing spots, and the rain came on while I was halfway there. The rain was horizontal, so I walked backwards all the way to the car. At least only half of me was soaked ; )

Selso,

Know what you mean about the last verse. I suppose I'm trying to suggest that he has got into the boat, that he still feels close to her, but he is moving away. In the first version of this I did, I was trying to suggest that he was holding a different woman and thinking of the woman on the beach, but it just got too complicated, so I scrapped it.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Hi Alan,

Great song,after looking at the links to the pics and the google map to where this is, I can see how easy it would be to write beautiful romantic ballads such as this.
A slice of heaven. smile

Looking forwards to the recording.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)