Topic: SEE "BEATALLICA" Do you know others? Difference Tribute vs cover.

This is a band playing songs written by the Beatles, and in METALLICA style.
Another "band" with Monty Python and the bonzo dog doo- dah band are THE  RUTLES.
You can "fool" a lot of people playing the album. There is NO DIFFERENCE (OR ALMOST NOT) because the songs could be written by the Beatles.
I will look if I find other names of bands who
- are coverbands
- are tribute bands

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COVER BANDS and TRIBUTE BANDS?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: SEE "BEATALLICA" Do you know others? Difference Tribute vs cover.

"me first and the gimme gimmes" are a cover band, they take all sorts of songs i.e somewhere over the rainbow, puff the magic dragon, seaasons in the sun and make them into fast punk upbeat songs.
Just a bit like the ramones when they done " wonderful world"

And "Heyseed dixie"
Take songs like sweethome alabama, back in black, fat bottom girls and turn them in to bluegrass songs.

2 great bands

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Apocalyptica! "Formed in 1993[2] when four cellists, Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, Max Lilja, and Antero Manninen gathered to play Metallica covers at Sibelius-Academy. They performed in an after-Christmas party as a "Jailhouse Band" at the Teatro Heavy Metal Club. That evening the line-up was Toppinen, Lilja, Manninen and Perttu Kivilaakso (who was to join the band permanently in 1999.) Among the audience was Kari Hynninen, who worked for the independent label Zen Garden Records. After listening to Apocalyptica's set, Kari Hynninen signed them on the spot to Zen Garden Records.

In 1996, Apocalyptica released their debut studio album, Plays Metallica by Four Cellos, which consisted solely of Metallica covers played on cellos. In 1998, Apocalyptica released their second studio album, Inquisition Symphony, which was produced by Hiili Hiilesmaa. Inquisition Symphony once again contained covers of Metallica, but also contained covers of Faith No More, Sepultura, and Pantera. For this album the band also decided to include three original songs written by Eicca Toppinen."

http://www.myspace.com/apocalyptica 

We have the Metallica CD.  They're very talented and it's a great sound. 

Cheers
Heather

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

gitaardocphil wrote:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COVER BANDS and TRIBUTE BANDS?

Usually a Cover Band plays multiple artist's, whereas a Tribute Band plays and performs only one artist.  wink

Cheers
Heather

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

upyerkilt wrote:

"me first and the gimme gimmes" are a cover band, they take all sorts of songs i.e somewhere over the rainbow, puff the magic dragon, seaasons in the sun and make them into fast punk upbeat songs.
Just a bit like the ramones when they done " wonderful world"

And "Heyseed dixie"
Take songs like sweethome alabama, back in black, fat bottom girls and turn them in to bluegrass songs.

2 great bands

Ken

I've heard the Hayseed Dixie's before doing Back in Black.  Lots of fun. 

Cheers
Heather

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

heather, I just remembered, lol I read an email yesterday... sorry. will reply soon, ah I will do it here,

THANK YOU!!! had a great time.

heyseed dixie are superb and live on stage they are great fun to watch as well as to listen to. The mandolin player plays his instrument as angus young plays his guitar. Pure mental.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

heather, I just remembered, lol I read an email yesterday... sorry. will reply soon, ah I will do it here,

THANK YOU!!! had a great time.

heyseed dixie are superb and live on stage they are great fun to watch as well as to listen to. The mandolin player plays his instrument as angus young plays his guitar. Pure mental.

Ken

I thought I sent you an email the other night but couldn't remember from where??????  I was up a wee bit late having a glass or two, jamming on my guitar.  tee hee hee.......

That band sounds like great fun to see live.  wink

Cheers
Heather

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez