Topic: SIMPLE SONGS PUT UP BY THETRAINER858

Hi to you all,
I am a 59yrs young newbie,got the guitar can play basic chords,trainer858,put up some great simple songs,chords to most are no problem,But and it is a big but,you cant play a song without a strum pattern.for instance:WILD THING by the TROGGS and HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN by the ANIMALS.Strumming Pattern is required.Any of you guys have the patterns i could use?.

BEST REGARDS

Rallyman in Sunny WOLVERHAMPTON

Re: SIMPLE SONGS PUT UP BY THETRAINER858

Hi Rallyman, check out this site justinguitar.com, I  think you will find all you need there - good luck from a fellow wolverhamptoner!!

Cheers Harry,:lol:

Steve

Hi Thetrainer858 here, I am not competant enough to write the patterns down but try experimenting with the rhythm. I sing the songs normally but have a steady strum in the background. Thanks for the compliment regarding the easy playing capability of my songbook. Best regards.

I love to play guitar to keep my older brain active and my fingers flexible. I have about 1 year experience 20+ times…lol.

Hey there rallyman.  :-)   We're all beginners when we start. Mom told me to start out with a basic "carter style strum".----- bassnote-strum-bassnote-strum----- for 4 count songs and a -------bassnote-strum-strum-------- for a waltz or 3 count..  hope it helps. Then again,maybe your beyond this already? You can add upstrokes in lots of places too.

Ron  :-)

Ron

Thanks Ron,all help is appreciated.

Steve wink