Topic: BUSKING

What are the most important rules to play songs on the streets?
- a good place probably, but do you need to pay for a place.
- what songs are always considered as "must play"? I go for
- BOB DYLAN
- BEATLES
- SOME NEIL YOUNG SONGS
- SOME ROLLING STONES SONGS, the older ones: ballads, and "Angie"
Or are there other suggestions?

It must be nice when the weather is nice, but horrible when it is a cold and rainy day.
A busker is for me a great player, playing songs, and watching all people passing by without getting money, so IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE what is the problem?
- Wrong place
- Bad playing
- bad songs

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: BUSKING

Good question Lieven,

I would love to hear buskers playing the groups you named but I tihnk you got to ask " what do younger people listen to, what do they want to hear"?

The reason for this is older people are more wiser and more money concience and maybe avoid throwing some money dow to a busker.
Younger people if they hear a song they like I tihnk would be more willing to throw money into a guitar case/hat.
Also the younger ones are out at nightclubs etc drinking and throwing money about so get out at 3am and you should do ok. ( unless they have spent all their money on drink)

So I dont know...oasis, the kooks, babyshambles, sandi thom, and anything else that seems to be popular with 16-30 year olds.

I might be wrong, but I very seldom am lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Got to do this once in New Orleans ( Louie "Satchmo" Armstrong's birthday at St Peter's Square). A great place to meet tourists and artists of all kinds.
It helps to play songs most people know but more important to play stuff you sound good doing.
The City of Memphis, Tenessee had a problem with bad buskers blocking foot traffic and aggravating local business owners. The C.B.S. "Sunday Morning" T.V. show videoed several guitar players standing in downtown doorways playing really lame music trying to get tips.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

hey king of scotland
i agree that those are bands i would love to hear and would give money if someone was playing their songs! i think i'm yours by jason mraz is always a good song to play cuz for some reason people always wanna sing to it. i tried it the other day and it worked!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls