1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2009-03-16 10:18:16)

Topic: ALONE ON AN ISLAND

Yes, you are Robinson Crusoe and Friday has a CD player.
1 big problem = you have to choose only ONE CD.

WHAT IS THE CD YOU WILL TAKE WITH YOU, if you are stuck on that island for years.

I believe I should take THE WALL by PINK FLOYD.
(I won't suggest to take "Joe Dolan" with Make me an island).
lol  lol

If your little boat crashes, don't forget to take HELP by the Beatles

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ALONE ON AN ISLAND

Dutch Mason "Prime Minister of the Blues" ,   play it again friday !

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Alan Jacksons "Precious Memories".

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I'd mix one.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The Doors

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey Doc , Ya know , I can't think of just one CD I would want to have with me , so could I just have one of my accoustic guitars instead , L O L ??? ( and maybe a fiddle ? ) .........
                     Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Well, if I'm allowed to, I'd burn my own CD with a ton of tracks on it...but if I had to choose one album, I'd take Comatose from Skillet.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

deadstring wrote:

Alan Jacksons "Precious Memories".

This is a great album smile

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

My choice is a magical CD that each time I engage said CD, I am granted my every wish and want that is in my id, ego, and super ego, be they beneficial or harmful to my physical shell..................

Give everything but up.

Darn it Toney, I was thinking the same thing and you beat me to it.

Later, Wayne P

A nice "collection of answers"
1 CD is really sad, so you cann pick 3 CD"s
- THE WALL by Pink Floyd
- A COMPILATION like Billboard top 100 year 1973
- I PREFER A GUITAR AND PLAY SONGS.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. I could listen to Gilmour's work on Shine on You Crazy Diamond for a few years.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

John prine: the missing years
guy davis: legacy
bUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

eric clapton.......unplugged,

If it had to be just one and I wasn't allowed to make my own, I think it would have to be Paul Simon's Graceland - more brilliant tracks than any other album I can think of, plus lots of upbeat stuff which would be great for morale.

Debated upon would be Unplugged and Floyd's Delicate Sound Of Thunder (if I took The Wall, I think I would end up finding the highest cliff!)

Rather than my guitar I would choose to take a piano so I could invest my time learning how to play it properly. (Shouldn't this be in Other Stringed Instruments big_smile)

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

KajiMa wrote:

Rather than my guitar I would choose to take a piano so I could invest my time learning how to play it properly. (Shouldn't this be in Other Stringed Instruments big_smile)

Start a thread in that section and there you have it, its in.
There is no subection in "other stringed intruments", just whatever is a stringed instrument anyone can make a thread up about any other stringed instrument.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Ken!

Just my silly joke. I think it would get confusing continuing Guitardocphil's thread in another section wink

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

lol, yep it would.

I misunderstood you.
I was thinking you were wanting a section in the other stringed section for pianos.

cheers

Ken

now i really am definitely away or i will be late booking in to my room

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Where do I plug in the cd player? wink

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Inside In/Inside Out by The Kooks would keep me happy for many years!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

21 (edited by Riverdales 2009-06-06 21:27:35)

I never go anywhere without my iPod, and I got 2,350 songs on it. So I think I'm good for a while or until Me and Wilson decide to leave the island!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

I'd have to go with three different genre CD's:

Metal - Iron Maiden "Brave New World"
Punk Rock - Social Distortion "Greatest Hits"
Classic Rock - Led Zeppelin "Mother Ship"

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Does he also have a generator and en extension chord? tongue..... srry.
I'm thinking I'd have to second Les PaulGuy on the mothership, I gots to have my zeppelin and thats about the most u can get on one CD. But I am torn because I listen to the Shotgun Willie album at least weekly.

All You Need is Love smile

Sea Sick Steve's I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Eric Clapton's Back Trackin (yes I know it's a double album)

Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous

My ambition far exceeds my ability