Topic: NNNNNNNNNNooooooooooo!!!! I CAN'T BE SICK!!!!!

i'm sick! and that really affects my singing voice....... anyone else sick during this joyful season of germs? or have you managed to stay clear of the microscopic little buggers wink

Ben smile

The world is only going to get worse!

Re: NNNNNNNNNNooooooooooo!!!! I CAN'T BE SICK!!!!!

To be sure there are a lot of "little buggers" that are microscopic so my advice would be to wash your hands often sort of "washed by me" washed by him smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

He He He He He........ Adios little Germs! lol

Ben smile

washed,
I am thinking you are in america? , if so then it is a global virus lol

I have a really sore throat just now and heard that is how my mates illness for 3 days started.

I am still singing though, nothing stops me singing.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

ding ding! new brunswick canada lol

Ben smile

ok Canada it is then lol
global virus heading for us all.

Ken

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP =O

Ben smile

Every one at my house ,but me, is getting over being sick. I was really worried about my wife for awhile. She still has a pretty bad cough. We had to take my daughter to the doctor. I guess my turn is coming here pretty soon.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I too have been ill since last Monday. Unfortunately there is a bug going around here but mine seems to be lasting longer than most - everything I eat goes straight through. So consequently I am not eating much (but taking plenty of liquids) and making sure that I do not venture too far from a loo.

It has not affected my voice, but I do not feel like singing much at the moment.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You all sound like you have "Zinc Deficiency.".

Good answer Russell Harding. lol

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Roger ,
   Some folks say that the bathroom is a very good place for singing , accoustics wise , L O L ..... But I guess it's no good if you just don't feel like singing at present ...
   BTW , thank you very much for the offer to put my Greensleeves recording up somewhere ... I've been very busy , and just saw it the other day ... When I get around to digging it out I'll let you know ..
Thanks again ..........
                      Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Old Doll wrote:

You all sound like you have "Zinc Deficiency.".

Thanks Helena,

As I have not been eating much I went and got some multi vitamins with zinc today. Fingers crossed that they do the trick.

G S E wrote:

BTW , thank you very much for the offer to put my Greensleeves recording up somewhere ... I've been very busy , and just saw it the other day ... When I get around to digging it out I'll let you know ..
Thanks again ..........

No problem Jerry. 'Friends of Chordie' is run exclusively for Chordie members to have their work displayed.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Take your guitar in the bathroom and sing the blues.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i.e.; PLAYIN' GIGS WHILE NOT IN TOP VOICE( back to the topic of the post)

It's inevitable, if you play often enough( and you do the main haul of the vocals) you're gonna lose your voice.

What I do when this happens to me is this; alert the brass( top management, paycheck writing, cash delegating person) at the venue I'm scheduled to play and let 'em know  that there'll be no vocals, instrumental songs ONLY! . This gives the venue an opportunity to replace me if  they feel the need to do so. While at the same time, I cover myself and remain in good standing with said establishment for future gigs by showing honesty and a willingness to keep the show going regardless of how lousy I feel. And repeat business is crucial in this business of giggin' fo' a livin'...........

Furthermore, an exchange might consist of something like this; " I'm able to play, instrumentally, the melody vocals on my guitar, with some backing, on-site recorded help from my looping pedal. The songs are gonna be a bit longer than usual but they will be recognizable, kinda like modern, contemporary, pop jazz."

Keepin' it real and on the up and up..........

Peace and Guitars and Gig-ig-ty-giggin'-bars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Up and Up........... Have you ever heard of Reliant K? Great Canadian band!
        *        is one of their songs.

Ben smile

hi

i've been suffering since christmas with this voice loss thing, but once i start to sing at my gigs it seems to disappear...? strange huh?

my agent who is also an artist, has had this infection since before that, she sounds as if she has a heavy cold [i've only spoken to her over the phone just in case!!!]

i've heard a lot recently about fruit having a natural antibiotic, which might explain why i don't suffer a lot with colds, flu etc. try it...an apple a day and all that, and a banana an orange a kiwi fruit...you get my drift?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

oranges have a lot of vitamin C......thnks Mom!!!! smile

Ben<>< smile

Phill Williams wrote:

hi

i've been suffering since christmas with this voice loss thing, but once i start to sing at my gigs it seems to disappear...? strange huh?

phill

Phill have you checked to make sure you have not got any nodules on your vocal cords?

Ken