1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-03-13 06:43:25)

Topic: ALBION

This is a new song I composed yesterday and this video is a rough unpolished cut but I have already smoothed out the edges the lyrics are still in the works I just made these up on the spot but you will get some idea of what the finished song will be,I will be recording this later this week and add all the instruments and effects and upload it to my web site so if you have a minute or two please give a listen,the title comes from the phrase "I'll be on the next train" smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … D=53990133

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: ALBION

Hey Russ - Sounds really good!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hey Russell,

Really lively piece, like it.

Did you know that Albion is the ancient name for Britain - going back to the times of King Arthur and before.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

not bad at all!Love to hear it when its done

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Excellent Mr Harding.

I think Harding is also an English name ?

Just checked Russell, you just maybe related to UYK lol

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/q … -crest.htm

Great tune, love the family crest.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi russsell nice bit of guitar work ,can't wait for the polished version,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

thanks glad you enjoyed it Jeff im just happy to have my recorder back so I can get busy with my new songs smile

Alan I appreciate your comments and I never knew the connection the name just came to me its interesting to know, I was just playing with a phrase smile

Selso I will be working on the recording tommorow and hopefully upload to myspace thanks for the nice words smile

Helena yes Harding is an English name im half Irish and English who is UWK and family crest? glad you liked it smile

Daddycool yea its a fun song to play I enjoyed the chord changes the recorded version will have more polished thanks for your comments smile

UYK ?

Upyourkilt.. Your names more Scottish then English Sir.

The family crest is yours. Harding Family crest. [ God i need a lie down now.]

Your eating to much ice cream Russell lol its making your brain cold.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Russ
Nice makings there. I'm sure intererested what your gonna make of the finished piece..
As we talking names here we have a scocer club here Called West Bromwich ALBION.. smile
Just thought I would impart that useless piece of info.
Ark

I think in actual fact that "Albion" refers to England, though in Welsh "yr Alban" is Scotland! but regardless of the English connection, I thought it a lovely piece, I liked the little Fraze's you popped in here and there, it's always nice to have a starting point. let us know when it's done my old friend.

da bo i ti

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Helena my mom said my dad was Scotch and Irish and my mom was also a mixture with a little German guess I'm a mutt lol maybe someday I will do some research on my ancestors and see if I can locate any from the Harding tree and you can never eat to much ice cream lol

Old Doll wrote:

UYK ?

Upyourkilt.. Your names more Scottish then English Sir.

The family crest is yours. Harding Family crest. [ God i need a lie down now.]

Your eating to much ice cream Russell lol its making your brain cold.

Old Doll.

Thanks Ark I will be working on it this weekend,funny the name just came into my head I never heard of Albion smile

arkady wrote:

Russ
Nice makings there. I'm sure intererested what your gonna make of the finished piece..
As we talking names here we have a scocer club here Called West Bromwich ALBION.. smile
Just thought I would impart that useless piece of info.
Ark

Phill thank you for your comments and the phrases are kind of fun to play im itching to add my new effects pedal to the song a labor of love (good name for a song) I'll post when the recording is finished should be a lot of fun smile

Phill Williams wrote:

I think in actual fact that "Albion" refers to England, though in Welsh "yr Alban" is Scotland! but regardless of the English connection, I thought it a lovely piece, I liked the little Fraze's you popped in here and there, it's always nice to have a starting point. let us know when it's done my old friend.

da bo i ti

phill

really into that there Russell!! soundin raw and unpolished gives it edge, great stuff.

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

Weejie I will keep the raw version where it is that was a first take I hope I can reproduce that "edge" on digital im confident I can and thanks for your comments smile

weedjie wrote:

really into that there Russell!! soundin raw and unpolished gives it edge, great stuff.

Well Russell,

Now that you have discovered you have links to the landed gentry, don't go all snooty on us. Sometimes when people discover those kind of links to land thieves, peasant oppressors and cattle rustlers (?), they turn their noses up at us sheep stealers, bigamists and transported convicts ( There were around 7 Sheerans transported to Australia for assorted felonies !).

Phil,

Interesting that Scotland is Alba in the Gaelic too. There are lots of little villages and Townlands in Northern Ireland called Ballyalbanagh ("Scotstown") or Carnalbanagh (Cairn/memorial for the Scots). Wonder if Albion relates to a time before the Anglo-Saxons arrived in England when we were all Celts together.

Which would also be before Russell and the other Vikings came and burnt down our monasteries.

Alan transported to Australia, are you referring to the accomodations at the hotel Botany bay penal colony? and I did find my ancestors were Norse it seems there only employment was plundering and pillaging coastal waters quaffing large quantities of spirits and absconding all the fair maidens for there carnal pleasures, kind of like Rock Stars lol aye me matey they were a hearty lot them vikings, abet I have been around a while I can not lay claim to having participated in these festivities at least not in that century lol

Yes, the accommodation was good, it had a full sky of stars.

Hi Russ,

A little word of warning here; Scotch is a drink, the people are Scottish!  Don't want the hit squads roaming the streets of Buffalo[?] looking for you big_smile

Yes Alan, we were all Celts together, before the Romans brought Christianity here, then came the Norse, then the Saxons then the Normans...talk about mongrels?

I'm Welsh, but the Welsh trait is short and dark haired.  I'm tall and blond [ish] [Norse] with green eyes,[?] Roman nose and a lovely temperement. my only Welsh trait is my accent [accident?] wink
and the fact that I love singing!

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill I stand corrected my apologies to all the Scottish but when I was a kid my parents never used the correct term consequently neither did moi smile