1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2009-02-28 14:00:27)

Topic: HAS TO BE: ADAMS VERSUS ADAMS/ZEPPELIN VERSUS ZEPPELIN

There has to be sometimes confusion talking about BRYAN ADAMS and RYAN ADAMS.
I know at least 2 persons who bought a CD of BRYAN ADAMS, to see later when they play the CD that it is RYAN ADAMS.
To be honest I really don't know much about RYAN ADAMS, what kind of music does he play, and is he popular in the USA?
addendum: I just saw him playing on youtube and guess what, the guitar player plays A DUESENBERG TV OUTLAW, more and more great artists seem to play on that incredible good guitar. NO SPAM, I AM NOT A GUITAR STORE, I simply find those guitars INCREDIBLE. 
There is 1 thing I don't understand: the USA price is 50% higher than the European, WHY?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: HAS TO BE: ADAMS VERSUS ADAMS/ZEPPELIN VERSUS ZEPPELIN

Bryan Adams is a very good songwriter and was very popular in the 80's and 90's. I haven't heard much of him lately though. Ryan Adams is a very good songwriter who once jumped off the stage and knocked someone out for yelling "hey, play summer of '69". Ryan Adams has been described as Alt country. He's kinda folky sometimes, rocking at others. Ryans music has been featured in several movies and has also been covered by U2 and the Corrs. I love Ryans "Gold" album and highly reccomend it. Could you post a link to the video? I'd like to see this guitar.

Thanks Craig, but don't you think there is sometimes a real confusion if you have 2 artists with almost the same name?
COMPARE IT WITH 2 BANDS: ONE CALLED
1) LED ZEPPELIN and the other
2) ED ZEPPELIN

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Lieven
I think they do it deliberatly sometimes but there could be good reason?
Ed Zep is definatly trying to cash in on LEd zeps name in hoping for confusion.
Ryan Admas might have been born Ryan adams and decided why should he change his name, and why should he?
David Bowie changed his name because there was already a davy Jones ( from the monkees) and he didnt want any confusion,.

Also we now have " from the jam" which is two thirds of the jam
and there are so many copy bands, or tribute bands, i.e. the bootleg beatles, the part of the name " bootleg" is quite small with BEATLES being prominent in the title. Everyone knows that the beatles are no more but there are other tribute bands that do this. I think it is sometimes to make peole think they are going to see the real thing, or at least to get their attention.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Ken, are you telling here that there is a guy who's name is ED ZEP?
If yes, what a coincidence, I just "invented" that name as example.

lmao, Lieven, I have no idea if there is lol
I tohught coz you typed it that there was an Ed Zep.
If not there is a place for someone to cash in.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well, we can use some artists here with almost identical or similar names.
- THE GRATEFUL DEAF
- THE STOLLIN RONES
- THE CREEDENCE CLEARWATER FALL
- BO DYLAN
- THE PEACH BOYS

Find some more of these.