Topic: I Can't Look At You Tonight.

I suppose many of us have had a health  "scare" on the course of our lives. Mine came a few years ago, and after months of tests, I was given the all clear. On the way there, however, I spoke with many guys who were going through the same thing. This is for all of them.

We all agreed that it was hardest on our partners.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Re: I Can't Look At You Tonight.

Alan very nice lyrics it feels like a waltz in 3/4 time and that was good news that everything turned out ok good job on this song smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi alan,

you are right, most of us have suffered a life threatening illness at sometime, i had something called "sarcoidosis" which at various times had been misdiagnosed as a chest infection and even TB! i had  a hooterectomy where they stuck a camera up my nose and into my lungs where they found an enlarged gland, they thought it might have been cancerous but luckily [for me] it wasnt. but in the space of one week i lost 10 kilos in weight, 22 pounds, i had no energy and i found it hard to walk, drive and most of all i didnt want to sing...i must have been ill. now i'm well again, but my wife has confessed that the whole family thought i was going to die...hard lines i'm still here!

great and thought provoking lyrics...and i can play all the chords...lol

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. Russell - yes it has that little swing to it.

Phil - I know where you're at. I  had two otherplacealtogether-ectomies for suspected prostate cancer about five years ago.  Just getting the clear results was like scoring in the Champions' league.

I was determined not to play Gdim !

A great song which transported me back many years..

I remembered all the feeling you express in this song.. Hard times indeed.. Looking at my young kids , wondering would i ever see them as men..

But some survive, thankfully i was one also.. 5 years is a long wait to be given a clean bill of heath.

Im now struggling with the news of my 30 year old niece, diagonosed 3 weeks ago....

I was at the body world exhibits tonight with my son.. Its fantastic.  We really dont appreciate  how miraculous
we are..

Thought provoking  ! Like your song.

Well done Alan, Good health always to you.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Lena,

I suppose it's all part of the human condition. Here's wishing your neice all the best!

I remember a line in an Anglo-saxon poem I studied once ( yes, I am that old !). Translated, it meant "Life is lean". And I suppose there are times when that is very true.

It always fascinated me that we could read ancient poetry ( most of which was sung) and empathise with the feelings of people at that time. The only thing that is missing is the music.

Beautiful writing Alan.

I have been lucky myself health wise but I do know a lot of family and friends that have not been so lucky.
I would think that you covered their thoughts very respectfully.

Thanks for this

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I must agree with everyone , beutiful song. your very lucky to have someone who loves you so much

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat