Topic: PC FREEZE ON CHORDIE

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomena,it has occured more frequently over the last few weeks I am useing IE runnning a vista program and the page will freeze and I have to reboot.I have discussed this with a learned person who repairs PC's and he mentioned that sometimes if there are a large number of users online at the same time on the same site the server can freeze,nothing seems to work the red X is dead as is the back arrow the only way I can escape is to reboot my PC,I have tried firefox and dont like it at all so if anyone else has experienced this I would like to know or is it just me smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: PC FREEZE ON CHORDIE

This has happened to me a few times, Russell.  I thought it was my computer.  Thanks for bringing it up.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Happened here once as well . Chordie today is very slow. Most days it is very fast.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

eh I cant say it happens to me nor has it happened.

k

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Russ
Just a thought you may know. On XP windows if you press Ctrl/Alt/Delete together you get up the Task Manager which will attempt to close unreponsive programs if they are first highlighted and then hit the End Task.
This doesn't always work but it may help to avoid a reboot..
Ark

Thanks Ark for the info but this has never happened on xp only my vista and im not sure if vista has a task manager but I appreciate the advice smile

arkady wrote:

Hi Russ
Just a thought you may know. On XP windows if you press Ctrl/Alt/Delete together you get up the Task Manager which will attempt to close unreponsive programs if they are first highlighted and then hit the End Task.
This doesn't always work but it may help to avoid a reboot..
Ark

A funny thing.  It happened to me again after I submitted above remark.  It just froze when I tried to X out of the browser.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm having some unusual occurences on my computer, today only. ( slower than usual, froze up a few times)

Give everything but up.

I have noticed the slower loading times for Chordie after logging in and if you look at the increase in membership over the last few months it has gone from 198,000 to over 224,000 that's over 25,000 new members in little over a 3 month period,I have to believe this has had some effect, how much I'm not sure, but the number of incidences have increased exponentially and coincide with the additional membership smile

The problems that I had with Internet Explorer were resolved when I switched to Mozilla Firefox.   I just dont have that many issues as I did with IE.  I recommend switching your browser.  Worked for me.

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.

I tried mozilla firefox and did not like it one bit so I deleted it from my pc and Chordie is the only site that my computer freezes up on so its not that big of a deal just an inconvience smile

leodragon wrote:

The problems that I had with Internet Explorer were resolved when I switched to Mozilla Firefox.   I just dont have that many issues as I did with IE.  I recommend switching your browser.  Worked for me.

Hey Russell, I run the same set up (vista & IE) I've had the same problems over the past few weeks but it seems to have improved recently...

Along the same lines as Arkadys advice but for vista, When it freezes just hit Alt & F4 together to manually close the page and prevent having to reboot.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Pix thanks for the reminder I think I will do that from now on and thanks Ark I should have followed your advice the first time because Chordie froze three times this morning on me and yesterday I couldn't even log in for several hours but I know Per is aware of this and is working on a solution so not to worry and thanks again for the nudge lol

Guitarpix wrote:

Hey Russell, I run the same set up (vista & IE) I've had the same problems over the past few weeks but it seems to have improved recently...

Along the same lines as Arkadys advice but for vista, When it freezes just hit Alt & F4 together to manually close the page and prevent having to reboot.

Russell_Harding wrote:

I tried mozilla firefox and did not like it one bit so I deleted it from my pc and Chordie is the only site that my computer freezes up on so its not that big of a deal just an inconvience smile

leodragon wrote:

I had issues with other site too with IE.  I have not had any problems with Firefox so it works for me.  To each their own. Maybe it will magically go away. LOL

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.

leodragon wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

leodragon wrote:

I had issues with other site too with IE.  I have not had any problems with Firefox so it works for me.  To each their own. Maybe it will magically go away. LOL

A really good alternative to Firefox and (especially) IE is Google Chrome. I started using this browser the day it came out and haven't stopped since. Nifty little thing...

Tried it, yuk my pc started throwing up lol its an alien landscape dont care for it but thanks for mentioning it smile

mrjay wrote:
leodragon wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

A really good alternative to Firefox and (especially) IE is Google Chrome. I started using this browser the day it came out and haven't stopped since. Nifty little thing...

it froze a few minutes ago and I hit alt and f4 and nothing happened so its back to reboot smile

I also have the same set up and the same problem! When chordie freezes up I open up another IE Page and go back to chordie, and everthing is fine. I go back to the frozen page and click on close, then a little pop up will pop up and say program not responding. Just close program, but you'll already have your other page with chordie already working. Loading time of chordie pages has still been an issue though. Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!