Topic: Fret buzz on E & A strings

Hi fairly new to the guitar (5 months) just re stringed my semi acoustic Ashton, and am now getting fret buzz on my low E and A STRINGS!! Very annoying....Unsure of the original strings, but these have been replaced with custom lights...The buzz mainly affects the E string from frets 1 to 5.....any help would be helpful..

Re: Fret buzz on E & A strings

Just a guess here but I would say the strings you had before might have been medium gauge.
if the strings are too thin at the nutt they will vibrate at the loose space.

For a short term solution ( if you do not want to get rid of your new strings) you can loosen the strings off and put under the string at the groove a small folded piece of paper. This is fairly easy to do but try and not have the paper too big going near the first fret, try have any spare loose bit nearer the tuning keys.

if you still have your old strings you can take them to a shop and ask them what gauge they are. If not then take your guitar down and ask them if this possible. If not possible just get medium strings next and see what they are like.

And welcome to chordie

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Fret buzz on E & A strings

Thanks for that will give it a go, and just to say this site has helped me out with my learning of such a great instrument... As teaching myself

Cheers