Re: Well, I guess we Yanks have a new President.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

I'm actually not much of a beer person, but, most of those people have listed I have tried and I am partial to Sam Adams out of Boston.  Someday I hope to travel to the UK and sample some Brews there AT the correct room temperature.  Not to mention some good single malt whiskey's!

Oh yeah ozymandias! Samuel Adams is some dang good beer. I have yet to sample one that I did not immensely enjoy. I used to, in my younger days, chug down Hamms, Black Label, Schaefer, Milwaukees Best(the beast) and generic Kroger(supermarket) beer. It(Kroger beer) came in a yellow can with "BEER"
written in black letters. Oh the good ole days!!!.........I get a hangover headache just thinkin' about 'em. Hope all's well with you and the family.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

All's well, despite a run of the virus attacking Carla and Amber (wife and daughter).  I'm offering prayers to Gods to keep the little critters away from me!

Getting back to beer, the ones I had at the place where you were playing, I think it was called "alligator something or other", something from Key West anyway, with a slice of Lime was pretty tasty.

Alas, I have not the tolerance of my younger days for conspicous consumption.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Kroger Kost Kutter beer "BEER" was produced by Pfalstaff and wasn't at all bad considering the price.  I consumed a fair bit of it in my college days.  That and Wiedemanns was about all I could afford.  Wiedemann's was an "acquired taste."  We used to use Kroger Kost Kutter Light as a dare penalty.  Whoever lost whatever game we were playing had to drink the Kost Kutter Light. 

Sam Adams is now produced in Pennsylvania.  Anheuser Busch bought out Rolling Rock and moved the production facility to spare capacity they had in St. Louis.  That left the Rolling Rock brewery in Latrobe available.  Sam Adams purchased it to expand their production capacity and also reduces their shipping costs to part of their distribution area.  Also puts some folks back to work in rural Pennsylvania - which definitely cannot afford to lose many jobs.  So it's a win all around.  I haven't noticed any difference in taste whatsoever.  It seems that Sam Adams brought their same high standards to the new facility.  Good water there in that part of Pennsylvania too.  It's in the Appalachians and has a lot of limestone filtered springs.  Rolling Rock was famous for its water.  Given that it's the same brewery, I suspect that Sam Adams is using the same captured springs - which is a good thing. 

I'm with you on the consumption thing Ozy.  A 12 pack used to last a night, and no more than a weekend.  Now it lasts the better part of a month. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Kroger Kost Kutter beer "BEER" was produced by Pfalstaff and wasn't at all bad considering the price.  I consumed a fair bit of it in my college days.  That and Wiedemanns was about all I could afford.  Wiedemann's was an "acquired taste."  We used to use Kroger Kost Kutter Light as a dare penalty.  Whoever lost whatever game we were playing had to drink the Kost Kutter Light. 

I'm with you on the consumption thing Ozy.  A 12 pack used to last a night, and no more than a weekend.  Now it lasts the better part of a month. 

- Zurf

Yeah, nowadays it's one beer on a hot summer day.  Quenches the thirst better than soda!  <grin>

I did indulge in three beers while we were in Florida at the Pub that SouthPaw played at, but I was also consuming some awesomely delicious banana bread while listening to SouthPaw play.  Good times.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

54 (edited by badeye 2009-02-11 18:24:53)

badeye wrote:

Hi Zurf. The said tent was made by "Hilary" and is a four man that goes up in 5 minutes. The store was Canadian Tire and they had a 10 person family tent called The Summit, it was 17 ft
by 9 ft with canopy that sold for $167.95 canadian. They also had a six person tent that sold for $149.00 plus tax. Seems the one I purchased was the only one on sale,right place right time.  Now we need camping weather,

take care... badeye .. cool

Zurf here's my post on the tent ? you asked, you may have missed it.

:cool .. badeye

one caper after another

badeye wrote:
badeye wrote:

Hi Zurf. The said tent was made by "Hilary" and is a four man that goes up in 5 minutes. The store was Canadian Tire and they had a 10 person family tent called The Summit, it was 17 ft
by 9 ft with canopy that sold for $167.95 canadian. They also had a six person tent that sold for $149.00 plus tax. Seems the one I purchased was the only one on sale,right place right time.  Now we need camping weather,

take care... badeye .. cool

Zurf here's my post on the tent ? you asked, you may have missed it.

:cool .. badeye

Excellent!  Thanks. 

I'll keep an eye out for that one.  I like the price.  The one I've been looking at is $279 American.  That's enough to make my wallet weep for mercy.  Then again, it's only two weekends not spent in a hotel.  I should call my Congressman and invite him over to discuss a bailout while we have a couple micro-beers and sing some songs.  There, I think I've tied it all together now. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

http://www.talkzimbabwe.com/news/130/AR … 09-03.html

I thought this was interesting. Click the arrow on the little screen.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I can't get past Sam Adams though I've tried many times to like it I just can't ... Schaefer was my Dad's "cheap weekend 24-pack" beer of choice most times ... now the UK had some great beer ... I loved Newcastle and Carlsberg (Dutch) and Guiness was good too ... though I still couldn't take drinking beer at "room temperature"

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

LesPaulGuy wrote:

I can't get past Sam Adams though I've tried many times to like it I just can't ... Schaefer was my Dad's "cheap weekend 24-pack" beer of choice most times ... now the UK had some great beer ... I loved Newcastle and Carlsberg (Dutch) and Guiness was good too ... though I still couldn't take drinking beer at "room temperature"

"Warm beer and bread,
they said could raise the dead.
But it reminds me of the menu
at a Holiday Inn."                              --"Cheeseburger in Paradise" by Jimmy Buffet

deadstring wrote:

http://www.talkzimbabwe.com/news/130/AR … 09-03.html

I thought this was interesting. Click the arrow on the little screen.

well i think this whole thread is getting too political and off topic , which is not a bad thing as the topic is political lol 
(its not been that bad really)

this link deadstring has gave us is really good, funny??? both.

imagine doing that to your own spouse, never mind on TV for millions to see. Mabye it was a mistake and they are talking? But I bet when wee billy looks at this on tv he will tell her she has made him look a fool.
Gave me a laugh though.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken,
What Hillary did in this clip was miniscule compared to what "Slick Willie" did to her her a few years back in the ora..eh hem, I mean oval office.( i.e. cigar, Monica Lewenski,sweater dress) The poor dude is doomed by the "Cankle Queen" for the rest of his life. Ewwwe weeee....... 

(**Cankle=Calves and ankles the same size....**)

Give everything but up.