1 (edited by youngfella16 2009-02-02 23:37:01)

Topic: Tab Requests- Need your Help- The Idle Race

The Idle Race was a fantastic group that seems to be lost in music history. It was Jeff Lynne's band before he joinded the move!!!

If anyone knows ANY of their songs please please post them! A few of them are on youtube, i just put one up (Girl at the Window- great song, very like the beatles, someone please post the tab) http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=s83FTuCo8yM
and ill try to post the other songs that aren't on youtube.

Thanks chordians
youngfella

''Things fall apart, especially the neat order of rules and laws. The way we look at the world is the way we really are. See it from a far god and everything looks cheerful. Clamped to a higher plateau and you'll see plunder an murder. Truth and Beauty are in the eye of the beholder. I stoped trying to figure everthing out a long time ago''
-Bob Dylan, Masked and Annoymous

Re: Tab Requests- Need your Help- The Idle Race

In 1963, Jeff Lynne, Robert Reader and David Walsh formed a group using little more than Spanish guitars and cheap electrical instruments to produce music. They were originally named "The Rockin' Hellcats" before changing to "The Handicaps" and finally to "The Andicaps". They practiced at Shard End Community Centre and performed weekly. However, in 1964, Robert Reader and David Walsh left the band and Lynne brought in replacements. At the end of 1964, Lynne decided to leave to replace Mick Adkins of the local band "The Chads".[2]

In 1966, Lynne joined the line-up of The Nightriders as guitarist. The band would soon change their name to the The Idle Race.

Saw them just once and were superb. In fact I have an album of theirs tucked away somewhere.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

3 (edited by youngfella16 2009-02-02 23:38:09)

Re: Tab Requests- Need your Help- The Idle Race

I stand corrected, please refer to the much ,much more detailed post above for information about  Jeff Lynne's first band's.

Thanks for the post charlotte i should have remembered the nightriders although i didn't know about the bands proceding the nightriders so thanks, and i have now changed my first post. The Idle Race was NOT Jeff Lynne's first band.
Needless to say the idle race was a superb band that deserves to be more widely know, so please check out their music and please, please post any tabs.

youngfella

''Things fall apart, especially the neat order of rules and laws. The way we look at the world is the way we really are. See it from a far god and everything looks cheerful. Clamped to a higher plateau and you'll see plunder an murder. Truth and Beauty are in the eye of the beholder. I stoped trying to figure everthing out a long time ago''
-Bob Dylan, Masked and Annoymous