Topic: Left-Hand Grip?

I have five Guitars; two Acoustic, one of which is a twelve string, Two Elecrro-Acoustic and

one Electric Guitar a Tanglewood based on the Fender Strat.  The problem I have is that the

Electric Guitar has a very slim neck and after playing for awile my hand gets sore and

cramped. Now all the other Guitars have wide necks in comparasion with the Electric, the

twelve string has the wideist neck of all but none cause any problems; compared to the

Electric  Guitar, is this unusual or is it something I have to get used to; or is there another

reason for my hand getting tired and cramped, I hold all the Guitars in the same Left-handed

Grip, I hope somebody can help.

Luck  and  Health to all!!!

Re: Left-Hand Grip?

Just a guess but it's possible that from being more used to playing an acoustic that you're simply applying too much pressure to the strings. With the neck being somewhat narrower and the strings being closer to the fretboard you're cramping your fingers into a smaller space and applying more pressure than needed. Try lightening up on your grip and see if that helps. You may have to concsiously  think about this to do it as your hand and brain are trained to apply a certain amount of pressure to get your acoustic to play properly. I am not a doctor nor do I portray one on t.v.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway