1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2009-01-26 07:40:10)

Topic: TYPICAL CAR SONGS

Of course not the band, but if we have a cd player in our car, the songs we really wouldn't miss driving "respectable distances" (300-500 miles). The songs are not necessarily about driving, but they just sound great while driving ...
For me it is quit easy, I open my player and stuff him with "CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL" SONGS, any of their songs.So if you see a weirdo driving in a mustang convertible and singing loud "who'll stop the rain" that will probably be me.
A list? I think it's very difficult to make one except CCR'S oeuvre , but some NICE AND MUST BE PLAYED SONGS =
1) RADAR LOVE by GOLDEN EARRING ( a band from the Netherlands, they speak the same language as we) but isn't it amazing to notice how fast the way of speaking changes.
2) KASHMIR by LED ZEPPELIN, listen to that intro, one of the best intros I heard.
3) JUMP by VAN HALEN
4) BORN TO BE WILD by STEPPENWOLF
5) A LOT OF BEATLE SONGS like Baby you van drive my car, or if you drive with "Norwegian Wood"
playing listen to the song "texture" especially the rhythm.
6) A lot of ROLLING STONES SONGS
7) THE PASSENGER by IGGY POP
8) BORN IN THE USA by BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
9) GIMME ALL YOUR LOVING by ZZ-TOP
10) PARADISE CITY by GUNS 'N ROSES

SO WHAT IS YOUR "CAR" LIST?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TYPICAL CAR SONGS

My CD car list is;

Dutch Mason - "Prime Minister of The Blues"
Powder Blues Band - "Greatest Hits"
Stepenwolf - "Greatest Hits"
Minglewood Band - "The Red Album"
Canned Heat - "The Best of Canned Heat"
Muddy and The Wolf - "Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf, blues battle"
Sonny Terry - "Sonny is King"
Dr. Hook - "Revisited"
Jeff Healy - "See The Light"

All great driving music and so many more.

Badeye.. cool

one caper after another

I like older music in my older car so my list is

Aerosmith

AC/DC

Guns & Roses

Iron Madian

and Black Sabbath

The problem with the world is people having lack of commen sense...and warning labels. So if we remove warning labels the problem will fix itself.

Well, I have 2 answers now and I was afraid indeed that it IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to make a "song list", I wrote some names, but when it comes to favorite songs????.....
Impossible to PINPOINT a particular song. Of course some songs are really "car songs"and have you ever stood still at a traffic light with a 1000$ car next to you, having a 5000$ music installation in his car. When you sit at home you can hear them even coming from a 500 meter distance.
Some songs you can pinpoint like RADAR LOVE.
1) There was once a time, before the animals could talk, it was easy to make such list, but today?
2) The music in my car, better the music I listen to, is very MOOD-RELATED. I can enjoy as much a minuet written by Mozart, followed by SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT by Nirvana.
In fact isn't this not philosophy? , which can be very interesting, you are what you play. AND you are as good as your songs

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I like Classical and instrumental jazz when driving long distances.  When driving to and from work (a distance of about 20 miles) (or for you Europeans about 6,798 kilometers) I mixed a CD of the songs I'm trying to learn and use the time for vocal practice.  So you aren't the only one singing loudly.

I used to use time sitting in traffic for harmonica practice.  I drove a little red car with T-tops that I'd take out.  So anytime the sun was shining and the air temperatures were over 70F (or for you Europeans, 2C), I'd be wailing away while sitting in traffic to the open air.  I'd get some interesting looks.  Obviously I didn't play harmonica when traffic was moving.  My hands were on the wheel then.  My commute used to have a lot of traffic signals and on a busy day it could take me two hours to drive the 20 miles.  I'm glad not to have that commute any longer.

- Zurf

p.s.  For the humorless, the metric conversions are intentionally suspect.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I've always loved listening to Bob Seger songs while driving long distances ... especially "Against the Wind", "Roll Me Away" and "Night Moves"

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

CCR and SRV are always good at helping me accidently step on the gas and going faster than I should.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp - Try listening to Holtz' The Planets.  If you aren't speeding by the end of Mars, you need better speakers in your truck.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'll have to give it a try Zurf.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The version I have has Charles Dutoit conducting the Montreal Symphony Orchestra.  Or because they're Canadian it's really Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal.  And I mis-spelled Holst. 

Anyway, Wagner's Ring is good too.  It has nothing to do with the slasher movie.  It is a symphonic telling of The Ring of the Nibelung.  Either one can get you a ticket if you're not careful. 

- Zurf

p.s. I use SRV when I'm working out.  If I go sans music, I get about 150 steps per minute on the elliptical, but when I'm listening to SRV I get about 170 to 180 and burn a whole lot more calories according to the computer.  Taxman, Texas Flood, Crossfire, and Tightrope are my favorites.  I try and play Tightrope and Crossfire on bass but can't keep up.

11 (edited by bensonp 2009-01-27 20:55:35)

Add Scuttle Buttin' to that and you have an invigorating excercise regimen.

When I was in high school ('90) I had a girlfriend out in the country. I had to take some winding backcountry hilly road to get to her house and as soon as I would turn onto that road I would put in Joe Satriani "Flying in a blue dream". Flat out, Tires squealin, Gear jammin and slammin. That song was perfect. Everytime I hear that song I can completely envision that road every turn every hill every shift

craig23 wrote:

When I was in high school ('90) I had a girlfriend out in the country. I had to take some winding backcountry hilly road to get to her house and as soon as I would turn onto that road I would put in Joe Satriani "Flying in a blue dream". Flat out, Tires squealin, Gear jammin and slammin. That song was perfect. Everytime I hear that song I can completely envision that road every turn every hill every shift

Spoken like a true gearhead road warrior.  You were on your way to your girlfriend's house, and the curves you envision are the road's.   

- Zurf

The male species is not known for its wise thinking when it comes to females

craig23 wrote:

AWESOME guitarist and an AWESOME song ... it's amazing how a song can make your remember something so clearly

Mine would be Sweet Child of Mine from Guns N' Roses ... sitting by a creek with friends around a camp fire and playing that song on the "boom box"

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Just bought an ipod connector for the car so my choices have multiplied. Tastes change but I always come back to AC/DC.