Topic: English music or foriegn?

I recently was struck with a though. Alot of my music is from Europe and so it is in various language like German and welsh. any way i was wondering if anyone here enjoys music they cant understand?

The problem with the world is people having lack of commen sense...and warning labels. So if we remove warning labels the problem will fix itself.

Re: English music or foriegn?

Hi Nonetoxic,

Sure!  Italian, Spanish/Portugese, French, Arabic, Gaelic, Turkish, Greek, Hebrew, German, Swedish, Canadian (just joking about this one).  Some of which I understand from exposure to many languages in my childhood, but music is universal and it is not always necessary to understand the lyrics to enjoy the melody and rhythm of World Music.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Yes.  I enjoy mambo and rhumba music, but do not speak Spanish.  I enjoy Zydeco and Cajun music but do not speak creole or French.  I used to speak a little Spanish and passable German, but have lost the ability through lack of exercise.  The depth of my loss was driven home this past weekend when I bumped into a German tourist, and while I knew exactly what words she was saying (when she talked slowly for me) their meaning was entirely lost.  Fortunately, she knew enough English and I was able to recall just enough German that I was able to help her with her question.  Otherwise, I'd have felt terrible.  "Nicht so schnell" came in handy.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

nonetoxic,
what a great question.

I only listen to music sang in english and I dont think  I would listen to any other languages.
I prefer in the song the lyrics more tha nanything I tihnk so maybe this is why?
Others prefer to hear good guitar or drums etc and not interested in the lyrics so maybe they would tend to listen to foreign stuff more.

But I do love listening to indian music while in an indian restaraunt. I love the sound of the sitar and other things to make that sound. No idea what they are singing about but i dont care.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I love the sound of Irish songs, sung in gaelic, preferably by a dark haired woman, by the lake, in the summer evening, with the wind rippling the lake water, the occasional cry of the curlew, with ice in my whiskey and her smiling at me.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello