Topic: Kids songs

Does anybody have any suggestions? I have to teach the kids at the school i work at music and im kinda at a loss what to play. there all boys and have behavoiral problems so short and sweet is the key. thank you

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: Kids songs

Puff the magic dragon has always been a favorite with children the world over and there are other songs that sing of hope and joy these are the kind of things kids like smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

great suggestion!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Age? 

When I was a kid, I always liked songs that I had to bang on something or shout something.  Depending on how much they have to do, some Irish drinking/bar songs might work (assuming you don't tell them they're drinking songs).  Something like Wild Rover with the verse about whiskeys and wines of the best taken out.  But they get to bang on their desks in the chorus. 

We used to have parties at our fishing cabin.  It was great because across the street was a park with a ball field, and in the common area there was a volleyball court.  And of course there were the woods for hiking and the stream to take a wade and cool off.  So it was a great place for summer parties with friends.  We had an ancient tube sound record player there and my Dad would bring it out to the front stoop and put on records to have sing-alongs.  Crazy as it sounds, the favorite album of all of the friends from my sister on down to me (five years younger) was an old album of German Drinking Songs - in German.  I still remember bits of Einz, Zwei, Gesuffe.  (meaning Once, Twice, Drunk I was told) thirty years later. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Check here:

http://www.storytimesongs.com/guitar1.html

Selso,

I believe kids should be taught folk songs, traditional songs from their own land.
As well as it being musical it is a cultural thing too, educational.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending