Topic: Song Request: "Bleeding Heart" by "The Johnnys"

This is a great late 80's song by a Kiwi/ Aussie band and was written for them by Paul Kelly. The Clip of them playing is on youtube
youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqCnly_ … re=related
Can some legendary person (who shall be renamed guitar god) please, please tab this song for me
Cheers as always, you guys rule
youngfella16

''Things fall apart, especially the neat order of rules and laws. The way we look at the world is the way we really are. See it from a far god and everything looks cheerful. Clamped to a higher plateau and you'll see plunder an murder. Truth and Beauty are in the eye of the beholder. I stoped trying to figure everthing out a long time ago''
-Bob Dylan, Masked and Annoymous

Re: Song Request: "Bleeding Heart" by "The Johnnys"

Hi youngfella16,
There is not that much to this song.
It starts out in F#minor then it breaks into :
F#minor for two beats
D for two beats
A for two beats
E for two beats
And goes like that until the end.
If you can make the F#minor with a six string barre on the second fret and your ring finger on the A or fifth string-forth fret with your pinky on the D or forth string forth fret, you can go from there to D,A and E chord.
Rock on,
tooter

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

3 (edited by youngfella16 2009-01-22 03:06:39)

Hey tooter thanks man thats really cool the chords sound spot on. If anyone knows how to do that little solo/ guitar riff during the song please, please post it, it would be beyond cool. I think the intro part is plucking the D, G and B strings for each of the chords F#m, D, A, and E but i just don't know how to do the tab beyond that.
Thanks again man
youngfella

''Things fall apart, especially the neat order of rules and laws. The way we look at the world is the way we really are. See it from a far god and everything looks cheerful. Clamped to a higher plateau and you'll see plunder an murder. Truth and Beauty are in the eye of the beholder. I stoped trying to figure everthing out a long time ago''
-Bob Dylan, Masked and Annoymous

I heard that Paul Kelly only wrote the middle eight of this song. I seem to remember a few people being credited on the album notes. Anyway,

I think this is the catchy bit that you wanted:

F#m     D        A       E
|---------------|------------------|
|---------------|-5-7-5------------|
|--4-6-----6-7--|---------4-6-4----|
|------4-7------|-------7----------|

The next lead part I am doubtful about (especially the part over F#m)

F#m     D      A      E
|--------------------------------|
|---------4-2-0------------------|
|----------------4-2-0-----------|
|-2-0-2-4---------------4-2-0----|

The middle eight chords are:

E, Bm(7th fret), F#m(9th fret), F#m(9th fret), G(10th fret), D , A, E 

Solo is too tricky for me sorry.

Does that sound right?