Topic: Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World - IZ cover on Ukulele

This cover is dedicated to braddah IZ. We all miss you.
The late Israel Kamakawiwo'ole was an incredibly gifted Hawaiin musician affectionately know as braddah IZ on the islands. His music inspired me to get a ukulele and learn how to play. This is my first attempt at playing and singing this song all the way through and I messed up in the middle so I kept on taping and continued the song from the middle. I then edited out the messed up part in video production. You can see the part where I fade out and in to where I pick up again. It was all played in one same session though. Hope you enjoy my cover and check out more of IZ's wonderful music!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nI702lWjfgA

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song

Re: Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World - IZ cover on Ukulele

i heard this song on ABC AUS and wonderd who sang it ,i found it on the internet put it in my favs  and listen to it a hell of a lot . didnt no that this guy had died ,im so sad it is a wonderfull song .os

just checked u tube wel done id have choked .os

Phenomenal song ... I lived 4 years on Oahu and still this is my favorite Hawaii'an song ... Mahalo for bringing this song up All1Song

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Very good All1.  This is one of my favorite songs.  Izzy was quite a guy.  I get chills when I here it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks everyone!
I only discovered IZ's music in 2001 after he was gone.
That's when I strted getting some CDs and finding out what other great music he has to offer!
Wish he was still with us. I would love to see him in concert.
From all accounts I hear he was a very good hearted man who had almost a childlike innocence about him!

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song