Topic: Thanks to Ken and LesPualGUy

Hey guys thanks for the advice, but it seems I had nothing to worry about, I'm not new to  guitars I play Acoustic, and Electro-Acoustic, but I had said about how I was thinking of buying an Electric Guitar in the new year. Now I have bought all my stuff from the local music shop,
I bought a top of the range Electro-Acoustic and a Tennor Banjo, plus all my other needs, and
so I got to know the Guitar Tec at the shop. (Always a good move.)

It seems my daughters were taking more intrest in what I was saying than I thought.  They bought the guitar at the same shop and it was from a large order for Christmas. How ever they told the Tec guy who it was for and he did in fact set it up for me. I talked to him this morning and he told me the daughters came into the shop and asked for him, they discribed me and he knew who I was, this was at the start of November, so he left one aside and set it up in advance and tuned it at lest once a week. He said my daughters knew nothing about guitars and left the choice to him, still he said they told him it had to be a Strat typeand it had to be set up, for I was always talking about getting guitars set up by a Tec.

I have to say it's playing well, there is a slight buss from the 6th string now and then but he says as I tune it and the guitar settles down this will dissapear. So all's well that ends Well?
Still my daughter's think I'm mad since i'm 63 years young, Kids never understand ther parents, but it seems they listen.

But thanks for taking the time to answer my post. (From one happy old Guitar guy.)

Luck and Health to all!!!

Re: Thanks to Ken and LesPualGUy

You're welcome Headcase ... congrats on the new set up ... new guitars take a little while to get broken in (much like new sets of strings) ... you're daughters did well for you smile 

Happy New Years!

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75