Topic: Password system

I love this web site. I love the millions of songs, I love that you can transpose it to another instrument (I play Bari uke) and I love that you can save your own songbook. I am blessed to live in a time when such resources exist to help me learn my instrument and all for free. You are doing the Lord's work.

That being said...

For the Love of God, please switch to a regular password system, where I can use my dog's name, or my phone number backwards or some G*dD**m word that I can actually remember instead of the nonsense numbers you generate for passwords. It's 2008, we have multiple computers, we have to re-register whenever we switch computers, why, why? These are song chords, not my Visa account. Please change the log in proceedure.

Eric Mart

Re: Password system

Hi Eric... Calm down, take a deep breath. Hit the "Profile" button under the Forum tab and click on "Change Password". From there you can use my dog's name (Rosie), or my phone number (not tellin) backwards or some G*dD**m word that I can actually remember.

Hope that helped!

Oh yeah - Welcome to the Chordie Forum!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Eric and welcome to Chordie,

This is an easy one. During registration a unique, random password is given to you but you can change it. Click on 'Profile' at the top of this page. Under your Username you will see the words Change password. Click on that and it will take you to a page where you can alter your password to what you want. You will need to have the original one handy to do so though.

You can also set Chordie to automatically log you in without keeping entering the password. Click 'Privacy' in the Profile Menu' and tick the box 'save username and password between visits.

Roger

Looks like Topdown got here just before me smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hmm..let me think about this a bit its a little confusing..

lughlamfadda wrote:

You are doing the Lord's work.

That being said...

For the Love of God, please switch to a regular password system, where I can use my dog's name, or my phone number backwards or some G*dD**m word that I can actually remember

Eric Mart

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Oh thank God..I am glad to hear that it is me and not you. I really do love this site, it is incredibly well designed and is helping me improve my playing by leaps and bounds. When I quit my day job as a forensic psychologist and go into full time baritone ukulele performance.

Eric Mart

lughlamfadda wrote:

You are doing the Lord's work.

Eric Mart

believe me, I am not doing any lord's work or any any chieftan's work or any iconic god or any god's work.

but thanks anyway

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I would like to retrieve my password so i can use it on my laptop while on the road.

HI Kevin and welcome to Chordie,

I assume by your comment that you cannot remember your password and unfortunately, if this is the case, there is no way that anyone else can access it for you.

There is a way round this though. I can change your password without knowing what the original was so I could give a temporary one that you can then change to something you can remember.

If you wish to do this please contact me privately at rogerguppy@aol.com

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"