Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary!

This year (2008) marks the 50th anniverary of the PEACE SIGN.

"The peace sign first appeared in 1958. Originally designed as the emblem for the British nuclear disarmament movement, it soon spread to America, where it was put to use by antiwar activists. Before it was a dozen years old, the PEACE SIGN had become an international symbol for PEACE, LOVE, and COUNTERCULTURE VALUES."

Have a Hippie Holiday Everybody!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Re: Happy 50th Anniversary!

I'll raise a glass to that.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Yeah, I'm from that era.  I knew the peace sign well.  I was a hippy of sorts.  I still look back on those days with fond memories.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

yea man like I can dig it lol I think I will don my faded jeans with the holes in the knees and slip on a tie dyed t shirt and burn some incense,like maybe sip some home made dandelion wine like far out dude, get zoned in and listen to some Donovan smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

and as I sit with this 2007 shiraz wine, I will drink to that too.

I was always called a hippy when i was younger just because I had long hair, but what they didnt know is I was and still am.

for those against war and fighting for any government ( although this song is particularly aimed at the british government) I wrote a song earlier this year or late last year about not fighting in anybody's war unless it comes to my front door, then i will fight to protect my family.

I can actualyl sing this better now than wht I did when i recordedit. I can hear that wee nodule making my voice a bit hoarser than it is.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aSXGLFA8lVQ

peace

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Far out man - really groovy. I think i'll get my copy of that outasight movie WOODSTOCK on the dvd player and relive the good ole' days. I still  have a tie-dye t-shirt in my drawer  - it's for special  - REAL special occasions. eg 60 plus birthdays. lol

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.