Re: Home Alone!?!?

When playing to relatives and friends, I have learned to start out simple with familiar tunes to ease into the evening and sample the mood of the crowd.
I love Rodney Carrington but need to remember his writing is not for the faint of heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMNzF9i8e4k

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

So what did you learn?? Maybe I can try to pick up a few of them smile Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix wrote:

Hi Guitarpix,
How's life treatin' you? Grand I hope.......

I fell short of 25 song goal due to some unexpected gig loss-age. I got off to a good start in my 'home alone' experience but ended up devoting gobs of time searching for some new venues that were willing to pay a little bit of cha-ching. Here are few new tunes(to me) that are in my song family;

Heart of the Night by Poco
Beginnings by Chicago (when I'm with you-ho-ho)
Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran (acoustified)
On and On by Stephen Bishop
Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett/Steve Cropper
Share The Land by the Guess Who
Smokey Mountain Rain by Ronnie Milsap( punked out)
I Ain't Mad at Cha by Tupac Shakur ( still in the lab on this one)
When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down
Beautiful Boy by John Lennon
I'm Not Over by Carolina Liar
Sittin' At A Bar by Rehab ( still in the lab)
All Summer Long by Kid Rock (Warren Zevon, Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Hold The Line by Toto (still in the lab)

I play to a wide variety of crowds from night to night so I try to know a little bit of everything( that won't get me fired ) to at least spark a tiny bit of interest from as many people as I can. 

Peace and Guitars and The Jefferson National Forest and The Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway and The Gatewood Dam, (homeboy)
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

Hi Guitarpix,

I fell short of 25 song goal due to some unexpected gig loss-age. I got off to a good start in my 'home alone' experience but ended up devoting gobs of time searching for some new venues that were willing to pay a little bit of cha-ching. Here are few new tunes(to me) that are in my song family;

I play to a wide variety of crowds from night to night so I try to know a little bit of everything( that won't get me fired ) to at least spark a tiny bit of interest from as many people as I can. 

Peace and Guitars and The Jefferson National Forest and The Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway and The Gatewood Dam, (homeboy)
SouthPaw41L

Nice list Toney! I play Bartender and All Summer Long, both are great songs! I was surpriced to see Tupac in you repitoir smile Most of the others I haven't heard but will check out. -Chris

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

SouthPaw41L wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

Hi Guitarpix,

SouthPaw41L

If we are able to meet in Florida next week or so, I hope you don't expect me to do what your doing!  OY  The missus and I will be happy to listen to you and friends.  My playlist is a helluva lot more folkie!  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias,
  You just be sure to bring your guitar, folkie is very cool! . We can each kick back and listen to each other, as no long as you don't belt out any curse words or anti- Holiday Inn rhetoric ! (haha) This place is a family friendly locale. I look foward to meeting you and the Mrs.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

ps-shoot me a e-mail when you're down here and we'll get lined up.

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

ozymandias,
  You just be sure to bring your guitar, folkie is very cool! . We can each kick back and listen to each other, as no long as you don't belt out any curse words or anti- Holiday Inn rhetoric ! (haha) This place is a family friendly locale. I look foward to meeting you and the Mrs.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

ps-shoot me a e-mail when you're down here and we'll get lined up.

I'm afraid Victoria is staying behind.  I'd be seriously afraid of what the baggage handlers would do to her!  As for the anti-holiday inn stuff.  No problems, I usually recommend that place or Radissons when people ask.  As for the condo we're staying at, I hope they have internet access.  I'll email you the phone number before we leave.  I'm looking forward to leaving the ice and cold behind for a week.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg