Topic: Jingle Bell Rock Intro on guitar with no cut-away

I am learning to play "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms. The intro to this song is very low on the kneck, 10-18 frets, B and E strings. My acoustic guitar does not have the cut-away body style and this prevents me from reaching the required notes.
Does anyone have or can anyone tab similar notes for this intro that can be played on a full-body style guitar?

Re: Jingle Bell Rock Intro on guitar with no cut-away

hi kcoby i have just looked in songs on chordie and there's a version in "d" for the intro,all on the first three frets then you can play the rest of bobbys song as it is,i hope that helps,just click on songs at the top of the page,click "j" and scroll till you come to the fifth version.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

daddycool,
Thanks for the attention to my post. Unfortunatley I can't find a "version 5" or a version that has the intro tabbed on the first three frets. I'm sure you steered me correctly, I just can't find it. Any more hints?

kcoby

I think he meant the 5th one down, not version 5.  Search for Jingle Bell Rock v1 Ventures and I think you'll find your jingly bell rock love.  smile

The version suggested does "not" have the intro tabbed (refer to tab comments). Sooooo, I am still looking for a solution to the original post. Anymore suggestions?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Hi kcoby,

Just learn the riff in a different postion on the neck.....For example 10th fret on the E string is a "D" note as is the 7th fret on the "G" string, and the 5th fret on the "A" string Hope this is of some help.....This is why scales are a good thing to learn.