Topic: tabs

how in simple terms do you read them. do the dots inbetween the numbers indicate something ( 10....10 ) for example, please keep it simple for a simple person.

Re: tabs

Hi lowerbullens. I'll try and explain best i can.  Tabs are drawn to represent the six strings of the guitar.  The top line, is the high (thinnest) e string, going down as B G D A E.  The numbers represent which fret is to be pressed on each string. So, for example,

E|-----------------|--------------------|--------------------|
B|-----------------|--------------------|--------------------|
G|-----------------|--------------------|--------------------|
D|-----------------|--------------------|--------------------|
A|5---3-- ---3---5|---5---3-----3---5|---5---3------3---5|
E|--------5--------|-----------5--------|-----------5--------|

You would play the 5th fret of the A string, followed by the 3rd fret of the A string, followed by the 5th fret of the E string.. etc.. etc..

Sometimes there is more than one number in a column, on these occasions you pluck both numbered frets. And if there is a 0, the string is played open (holding no frets down).

Hope this has helped. xxx

R x

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Good job Radchael ... we usually get this a few times a month ... maybe they can pin it to the forum so we don't have to repeat

How's the footie team doing?

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

The footie team..?   You meaning Ipswich Town Football Club.. ?  The 'tractor boys'..?  lol... wow, you're well informed for a Texan..!   As far as i know, they have done well so far this season........

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

thank you for your replies, i hope it works out