Topic: Marshall AS50R Acoustic Amp

Anyone have any comments about this amp?  I'm considering this one to use as a monitor on stage with our church's praise band.  You can check it out here.

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/f … %20hbk.pdf

Thanks.

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

Re: Marshall AS50R Acoustic Amp

I've used this amp for many years. It's a great amp! Very reliable, consistent, and easy to adjust to accomodate different rooms. It's relatively small and lightweight. In this musicians' opinion, this amp is one of the best on the market.

Give everything but up.

Thanks for the quick reply Southpaw.  You have just confirmed a lot of what I have read on the web and probably have just helped me make a decision.

I went to my musicstore for an acoustic amp, a MARSHALL just like you AS50D.
BUT the salesman told me to TRY THE MARSHALL AS100D.
I did what he asked and left with the AS100D. The difference between the 2 was too big = AS100D is impossible to compare.
I also use that amp a lot to play "electric", providing you a crystal sound. No feedback noises, & an electric gives you the real sound. I tried several guitars on my amp, and wow! what a difference. You really hear the telecaster tone, gibson ...
TO PRACTICE:
A great help for me is, since I play alone, the PANDORA PX4D, 149$ and 100 PX4D provides 100 preset programs + a great rhythm section, a great device to follow rhythm. The PX5D = another dimension. I wanted to sell my PX4D but I think I made a good choise, they aren't equal. Here a link to these devices.
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/for … ?t=1973177

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thanks for the info Doc but the 100 is out of my budget right now.  Actually, a new 50 is out of my budget unless I can get a hold of a used one.  I just missed a great deal on an AS50R on our local craigslist and got out bid for one on e-bay.

The new D series has digital chorus and reverb and the older R series has spring reverb and analog chorus.  I think I'll keep looking for the R.