Topic: Rememberance Day

A huge Thank You to all Veterans all over the world. We will not forget.

Thank You... Badeye.

one caper after another

Re: Rememberance Day

Never forgotten and highest respects.

Kap54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Respect ! to those who fought.

Rememberance Day should be a Public Holiday So we can attend  services on the 11th day.
what does the Forum think? if it came to a vote on it?

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

I would vote YES on that. It would be a great rememberance of those who fought for freedom.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Veterans Day & Memorial Day are special days,

In my hometown all veteran's that have passed on have a flag pole with their name on it. On memorial day we have a service in a nice memorial park and then family members raise the flag of their loved ones.It is a special time and I have raised my fathers flag with my family for 28 years.

It is a beautiful site when all the flags have been raised,with a military salute also.

Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

we will remember them ...

and we can all play our part by fingering a standard E-chord and working out the Last Post (keep holding that chord and the tune falls out when you play around with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th strings, start with 5th-4th)

ted

[color=blue]... you'll be glad every night, if you treated her right![/color]

hi ted and welcome to Chordie,
Great name , I like it

My work decided work was more important at 11am this morning, the machines kept running. I had my own 2 minute silence.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

8 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-11-11 20:32:39)

Yesterday morning (November 10) I stood on my front lawn and watched the sun come up, wishing a Happy Birthday to all my Marine brothers and sisters...

Tonight I will stand on my back lawn and watch the sun go down with a prayer for all those Armed Service Men and Women around the world who have fallen in the fields of conflict, and those who walked back out.  For Every soul still serving in some part of the  globe...

Godspeed, Be Safe, Pray for Peace, and Come Home Soon.

Amen;
  Doug

Semper Fi

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

My Childrens Great Grandfather was on this ship,

http://www.rmsleinster.com/home.htm

He did survive and was awarded all kinds of medals  from the King of England at that time,  for saving the lives of 15 other people.

A silver Fob watch and chain presented to him by a woman, { He saved her and her baby. }  I have  all his medals and parchements to pass on to the next generation.

His powerful swimming saved him and many on that cold cold day when this tragedy occured.

Dia Linn . { God to them all around the globe who gave there lives and continue to do so  for a more peaceful world.}

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !