Topic: Printing With Grids on Right Issue

I have an issue when printing a song with the grids on the right.  There is about 1 1/2" of margin to the right of the grids, so sometimes the grids are printing over the words of the song.  I usually print in the smallest font in an attempt to fit the entire song on one page.  Can the grids be moved further to the right?

Thanks
Stephen

Re: Printing With Grids on Right Issue

Hi Stephen - Have you tried changing your margins with "page setup" (under your browsers File button). I usually use the print preview command (also under the File button) after hitting the print icon on chordie. If things don't look right, I try to adjust margins and if the grids still overlap the lyrics, you can move them to the bottom or not print them at all.

Hope that helped!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

My page margins are set at 1/2" all around and even in the print preview they overlap the words and have a lot of space to the right of the grids.

The other thing to check is if your printer is set up for the right size of paper you are using. If it thinks the paper is smaller than it is it will bunch the writing together and leave a large margin.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i fixed the chords print to the right by ajusting page margins & also in printer settings making sure a4 size and click no borders.. it works for me using epson r220

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

I have gotten this error message quite a few times, and I just assumed it was a local problem (most likely caused by print driver problems) - since things are appearing fine on the print preview.

However, experiencing this myself, I started to investigate the issue. It seems to be related with printing png's with transparent background, and it seems like a lot of printers have problems with this(including some very  popular HP-printers). It is really nothing you can fix yourself.

I am currently fixing the problem. This involves rebuilding all chord png's with white background instead of transparent background (graphically this does not matter since the page background is white anyway).  This actually involves several thousand images, and I have to do it over some time since it will put a lot of extra load on the server.

Expect only some of the images to print while this is being regenerated.

I am sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this error has caused.

I would really like feedback from someone having had problems printing earlier. Has this fixed your problems?