Topic: seagull vs takamine

just interested in the comparison of these two.  both are plug in acoustic.  Seagull is flame maple s6 and Takamine is an EG530 ssc series.  both are cutaway models.  I own the seagull but really would like to move to the Takamine.

Any opinions?

Re: seagull vs takamine

patej98 - Welcome to Chordie.

Can't comment on the Seagull but I do play a Jumbo acoustic / electric Takamine. I am more than pleased with my guitar amd have even gotten comments about the good sound quality from Martian players. With any acoustic you need to help of a good quality acoustic amp to really bring out the sound. A regular electric guitar amp just does not do the trick. My guitar has a solid spruce top with flame maple sides and back and, at least to me, looks very good. The Seagull is a good quality guitar, from what I've read and heard, so you would not be going wrong with either.

nela

I own an EG561C Takamine and I couldn't like it more. It plays as well as most anything I've played. Add Elixir lights and play for days.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I too am in the market for a new acoustic/electric guitar and have been looking at the Seagull and Tak's as well.  The local store sells both brands so I can do a direct comparison.  I currently oen a Norman guitar so the Seagull feels and sounds pretty much like my own guitar.  The Tak I am looking at is an EG523SC.  I find the neck to be narrower and shallower (not sure if shallower is the proper term, but I mean not as thick).  I demoed the Tak this weekend and found that it fits my hands better and the sound was incredible.  The spruce top and maple sides and back made for a brighter sound than the Seagull and my Norman which have cedar tops.  Everyone that came over this weekend just loved the sound of the Tak as did I.  Hope this helps somewhat.