1 (edited by sfornuto 2008-11-08 14:26:18)

Topic: My New Guitar and the one I returned

Hey Now!   In May 07 I bought a Martin acoustic/electric CXE.  I felt good about having bought a guitar that didnt use any endangered hardwoods BUT the tone was flat and I couldnt seem to keep it in tune. I bought it because I was looking for a smaller guitar; I also have a 40+ year old Yamaha FG180, which is so big it hurt to put my arm over.   So after 10 months i took it to be "set up" and was told that the guitar had been manufactured with bad intonation! No wonder I couldnt keep in tune!  I returned it to Guitar Center for FULL CREDIT (can you believe it!) and purchased a Breedlove AC25. The new guitar has an on-board tuner and beautiful abalone trim. This guitar is also small, so it's easier to play, but has a great big-guitar sound.  Because I got full credit for the return, I only had to pay abit more to get this wonderful upgraded guitar.  During the whole selection process, I played many guitars, and must say that this Breedlove is superior to any of the big-name guitars that I tried out (in the same price range).  I must say that the Martin was a big disappointment.

Re: My New Guitar and the one I returned

I've only ever managed to play on 1 breedlove guitar... And I must say, I enjoyed the experience very much.
I completely agree with you about the "big-guitar sound" from a little guitar.

Glad to hear your guitar center were cool about it and let you have full credit... A lot of places I've been to would just be like "yeah...it's not our fault...blame the manufacturer"

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

Re: My New Guitar and the one I returned

I'm glad to run into another Breedlove fan. I bought my "CM black magic plus" about a year ago and I have never been happier playing any other guitar. Congrats on your new buy and many years of enjoyment to you.