Topic: Really New

Ok so I figured I would learn to play the guitar.  My brother plays and had a bass and I started on that for a while and figured I might as well change to guitar first and then move to bass.  I bought a simple accoustic  That being said....its a lot harder...lol.  I have learned most of the basic chords and practicing changing chords.  that all being said, I am getting to the point were I wouldn't mind trying a few songs.  Any suggestions on easy songs?  I would prefer those that use all strings (as opposed to those were individual stings need to be plucked).  I am sure this has been posted many times and I apologize (I was never good at searching fourms..lol).  Any help would be apprieciated!

Re: Really New

Hi Mo-jo and welcome to Chordie,

I would suggest you look in the 'Public books'. On the right of the page you will see 'Absolute Beginners (211)' There are 211 books of songs with the easier ones is them. Scan through them and find the songs that you know and like, these you can then add to your own 'Songbook' for easier reference in the future.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

SWEET THANKS!!!  I should have investigated the site a little more better

If you really want to learn a song, try transcribing it. It will be very tough to begin with, but the more you do it, the better you will get. Its a skill that is very worthwhile taking up.

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!