Topic: BBC Iplayer

Has been a post or two mentioning this great service ( only availabe on the UK Television I think)

We had the story of the guitar whih was really good. Or the two episodes I watched were good.

Last night I watched " the chieftans" on BBC2. It was a tory of the famous Irish band " The Chieftans" from before they formed to today. What a story it is!
If it were not for these few guys it is probable that Irishfolk/trad. music would not be as widely known as it is today.
I heard about the Chieftans years ago but I dont think I had actually heard any of their stuff, but I might have done but never realised it was them.

If you are in the UK or somewhere in the world where you can press that wee red button on the remote and get the menu to access BBC Iplayer then this is a good hour to sit and learn some history of irish folk musc coming into the music scene.
There are only 3 left of them and they must be at least in their late 60's now but they still carry on. The leader of them "Larry" has lived and breathed music all his life and long may he continue to do so.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending