Topic: help me out

I've been playing both electric and accoustic guitar for a few years, rather I should say just toying with it but i'm now unable to work so have time on my hands. I would dearly love to be able to play the fantastic intro to chuck berry's johnny B Good, but have no idea how to read tab, only chords can someone plaese help me out????

Re: help me out

I've actually tried this song and it's a little complicated so I put it aside (the tempo is killing me) ... I'll try and research the intro for you today and explain the intro

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

If you can wait a few hours I will make a video and upload it to the link at the bottom of this post under the heading "johnny b Good intro" just click on it and download the file (its free) and it should play on your media player it will be a wmv format smile

sajrpwright wrote:

I've been playing both electric and accoustic guitar for a few years, rather I should say just toying with it but i'm now unable to work so have time on my hands. I would dearly love to be able to play the fantastic intro to chuck berry's johnny B Good, but have no idea how to read tab, only chords can someone plaese help me out????

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Here's a video teaching it in all it's glory

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/ST-901-JohnnyBGoode.php

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Alvee ya beat me to it I just came across the same link lol but it saves me the time of recording and videotaping but as long as it gets the job done thats all that counts this is a very instructional video Justin Sandercoe is one of if not the best at tutorials smile

alvee33 wrote:

Here's a video teaching it in all it's glory

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/ST-901-JohnnyBGoode.php

"Growing old is not for sissies"

any idea how to download the video so I can play it on our 47" tv? sorry to be a pest but it looks so much more easier when watching you play it, cheers simon!

I use the newer version of real player. It allows me to download any video or sound clip that I find on the web. Then it's just a matter of burning to dvd. If you don't use real player and don't want to install it, you can watch the video then go to your Temp files and pull it for burning that way but it's more complicated... I'd go with Real Player... It's free! You can even download music videos then change them to audio files for cd burning. Not that I'd do that... I believe in supporting the artist and buying the cd! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

sajrpwright wrote:

It doesn't matter where you go in life... What you do... Or how much you have,,, Its who you have beside you!

a massive thank you to everyone who helped me with this, I've managed to get it onto dvd, so thanks guitarpix, and thanks to everyone else cos i'm finally playing it slowly but practise makes perfect and I've got time to practise!!! again much thanks! Sajrpwright.
big_smile