Topic: "Ordinary Heroes"

This song is for all the people out there who do the jobs that need to get done but never get acknowledged unless the job doesn’t get done. They deserve a song I think just for putting up with never getting the credit for a job well done the majority of the time.

Ordinary Heroes By Jeff Gilpin

October 2nd, 2008

[D]Ordinary [A]heroes

Living [D]ordinary [G]lives

[D]Make this ordi[A]nary

World go [D]round [A] [D]

With[D]out the ordi[A]nary

Well the [D]spinning world would [G]stop

[D]Throwing all the [A]people

To the [D]ground [A] [D]

[Bm]All the little details

That we [F#]cannot live without

And [Bm]yet we take for

Granted every [A]day [A7]

[D]Not so ordi[A]nary

When you [D]stop and think a[G]bout

As [D]ordinary [A]heroes

Win the [D]day [A] [D]

[Bm]So here’s to all

The ordinary [F#]heroes

[Bm]Who're keeping

The world spinning [A]on[A7]

[D]Thank for putting [A]up with

The [D]arrogance we [G]give

[D]Keep being he[A]roic

Proud and [D]strong [A] [D]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "Ordinary Heroes"

hi jets i know the feeling but you have to carry on yourselves knowing what you do and proud of it but being left on the shelf while others get the credit for doin' inferior work,well done stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Great tune Jets, I've done some of those thankless jobs for some ungrateful people.  I say
keep pluggin away at it, someone has to do it.

Thank you... Badeye cool

one caper after another

A song about unsung heroes! So now they are sung about, courtesy of you Jeff.

Good subject and great song, thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Daddy, Brad and Roger.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Jets,

Today a barrier would not lift to allow me and my car through. So i waited for the office manager to lift the barrier as i had paid the parking.
after about 5 minutes  of nothing happening , i walked back to the office abandoning my car where it was.  The office manager was sleeping like a new born babe. lol
Well he was untill i gave a huge bang on the glass to attract his attention. His reaction was hilarious. I couldn't speak  to him i was laughing so much. I just headed back to my car . The barrier was  now raised as was the hair on his head from the fright
i gave him.
Is this guy an ordinary hero or a big lazy Git ? lol.

Love the song Sir.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Lena - I'm sure he entended to stay awake but dozed off some where before you showed up. Where I work there are people who come by and clean up the trash, the common kitchen areas and restrooms. I've never heard them complain once about their job but some of my coworkers leave the areas very messy. Even then they never complain and do a great job.

J  E  T  S