Topic: "Once in a While"

I’ve been working a lot lately and it sure is nice to have a wife who knows how to bring out the kid in me when I start acting too grown up.

Once in a While By Jeff Gilpin

September 30th, 2008

Verse 1

[C]Once in a while when [F]I forget to smile

[C]You point out the error of my [G]ways [F]

[C]Once in a while I [F]just let you beguile

And make me [C]smile [G]once in a [F]while [C]

Chorus

[F]Once in dream I was flying or so it seemed

Playing hide and seek with you amongst the [C]clouds

I [F]searched through the sky but I could not get my eye

To pick you out no matter how hard I [D]tried [G]

Verse 2

[C]If every day I [F]never got to play

[C]My days would just run on endless[G]ly [F]

[C]But you’re making sure as [F]you give me the cure

Keeping me [C]young and having [G]so much fun to[F]day [C]

Chorus

[F]Somewhere in my past my wish had come at last

And brought me you to keep my spirit [C]free

So [F]I don’t get too dull or let anything spoil

The spark that you keep lit inside of [D]me [G]

Verse 3

So [C]once in a while when [F]I forget to smile

[C]Nudge me on back to where I ought to [G]be [F]

[C]Smiling straight at you and all the [F]silly things you do

[C]Keeping me [G]living in that [F]style

[D]Making me [G]smile once in a [F]while [C]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "Once in a While"

That's why they're called the better half Jeff.I would like to hear how it is played.
Nice writing smile
I noticed in your bio on MySpace that you have a second site that you post other songs on.Any way we could have that link.I couldn't find it on your page.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi jeff i think you keep each other going there's nothing better than a elbow in the ribs or a good shove to keep you on your toes,ha ha....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks Ken and Daddy - Yep - She keeps me smiling and she's the reason I still have a paying job because of that too. I'll have to record it so you all can have a listen. My other myspace site is http://www.myspace.com/jeffgilpin and I just post the same songs I put up here as well but they are all collected in one place. I'm not sure how many I have up there now but there are quite a few.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

nice song and I can feel the lyrics it almost make me wish I was married (what am I saying egad lol) no only funning ya there are some rewards im sure but being an old coot I guess the only dates I will get are in the senior center lol lol and hee hee

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Jeff,

Great when a relationship works and yours very obviously does. Lovely song, well done, but you must get some more recording done as it is so much better to hear a song as it is intended to be. I will have to send Russ round to persuade you, he is closer to you than I lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Russ and Roger - I am lucky being married to the right woman. I will try to get this recorded this weekend.

J  E  T  S

Indeed you are both lucky to be together. May it always remain so.
keep writing it down. It will be a great family heirloom and testament of your love for one another.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks Lena - I'm very lucky and I'll keep writing about how lucky I am.

J  E  T  S

Nice song even though I'm not member or am I?

Hey Anthon - Looks like you are a member after all. Thanks smile

J  E  T  S