Topic: She Prays

So this is the first song I've ever attempted to write and I'm afraid it might just show. I haven't tried putting chords to it yet because I just started playing guitar a few days ago, so any feedback good or bad is much needed and any tips would help as well.

Verse 1:

He left a handprint on her face,

her heart broken in the night.

She'll swear he didn't mean to,

she messed up, he was right.

She should have never crossed him,

it's really not his fault.

He'll cry and say he's sorry when the alcohol wears off

Chorus:

So she prays to god everynight

Please make everything alright

He's a good man

With a bad habbit

He's a lover on a good day

and a fighter when he's had it

Verse 2:

She knows that she should leave him

but she doesn't have the heart

Without her he would break down

and slowly fall apart

He needs her more than anything

she's sure of that by now

Besides there's nothin left for her

in this hell hole of a town

Chorus:

But she prays to god every night

Please make everything alright

There's a big ol' world out there

She wants a piece of it

But it's no place for a small town girl

She'd never survive it

Verse 3:

Last night she dreamt of a perfect place

With roses and white fences

She was miles away from her broken life

Full of empty promises and wishes

She took it as her sign to leave

on a greyhound bound for somewhere

She'll board that bus

and never look back

on that man who never cared

Chorus:

And she'll pray to god tonight

Thanks for making everything right

You lit the way for me last night

I'll never forget it

I'm gonna live the life I was meant to live

and cherish every minute.

Re: She Prays

Hey nmontgomery smile

Excellent lyrics for a first post smile

I'm hearing a personal song written for a relationship with alcohol as the main problem . Hopefully this is not happening with you.
It would be cool if you could post the chord changes as it can help us at Chordie identify how you envision your song and how it should be played.
VERY NICE WRITING
I really enjoyed the reading and would like to hear how you intended it to be sung.

Thanks
Kap54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

It was a very personal song and yes it WAS a situation I was in but thankfully got myself out of before it was to late, two weeks after I left my ex was murdered because he was a raving drunk. Now I make it a point to share my story and try my hardest to help other women and men that could be in the same situation, thank you for the positive feedback and I will have the chords soon . . .

4 (edited by daddycool 2008-09-24 17:44:26)

hi nmontgomery welcome to chordie,i sure hope things turn out right for you now you've got out of your situation,as for the song ,its a humbling story and i'd use chords[c][f][g] ,three easy basic chords :
                       [c]he [f]left a handprint [c]on her face,
                       her[f]heart broken[c]in the night,
                       she'll[f]swear he did'nt[c]mean to,
                       she[f]messed up,he was[c]right,
                       [f]she should have never[c] crossed him,
                       its[g] really not his[c] fault,
                       he;ll[f] cry and say he's[c] sorry,
                       when the[g] alcohol wears [c]off.

i hope this helps,take care....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

that helps a ton i've been racking my head all day trying to get just the right ones i had the c and g i just couldn't figure out what to use with them and where they should hit thanks so much.

Intro:

E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G|--------------0-------------------0-------------------0--------------------0-------------------
D|-----------2-----2------------2-----2------------2------2------------2------2----------------
A|--------2-----------------2-------------------2--------------------2-----------------2--------
E|---0-0----------------0-0----------------0-0-----------------0-0---------------0-0----------

This is what i thought of for an intro

let me know what you think its pretty basic i know but i need to keep it simple lol

Nice work Daddy smile
Sorry I can't help you out here NMontgomery as I haven't figured out how to read tabs.
Kudos to you for hanging in there in a difficult situation.Sharing tough times is tough to do but I believe the right thing. smile

Kap54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

7 (edited by spartan2471 2008-09-27 19:41:34)

ok to read those tabs,the letter is the string and the number is the fret,and thats a nice intro,good job.:)