Topic: "Little Child"

I found out a while back that I’m going to be a grandfather in a few months so I wrote this song is for my first grandchild.

Little Child By Jeff Gilpin

September 7, 2008

Verse 1

There’s a [G]baby on the way

More than a [C]thousand miles a[G]way

[G]And I’m feeling [C]helpless over [D]here

[C]Praying every[G]day

Your mom and [D]dad will be o[Em]kay [D]

[C]As your birthday [D]keeps on drawing [G]near

Chorus

[Em]Little child I know that you [D]cannot hear my [Em]prayers

But I’m [Em]praying for your health and safety [D]too

[C]All through the [G]day I’m send [D]happy thoughts your [Em]way [D]

[C]As I wait with the [D]world to welcome [G]you

Verse 2

You’re a [G]girl or you’re a boy

Either [C]way you’ll bring us [G]joy

[G]And my hope is that [C]you can get some [D]too

You’ll be [C]happy and ex[G]cited

While you [D]keep us all de[Em]lighted [D]

Oh [C]what a day when we [D]get a peek at [G]you

Chorus

[C]As I wait with the [D]world to welcome [G]you

Verse 3

I’m [G]sorry I’m not there

But I [C]hope you are a[G]ware

[G]You will have me [C]with you before too [D]long

And we’ll [C]play and we’ll [G]laugh

I [D]might even give you a [Em]bath [D]

[C]Then put you to [D]sleep with a night-night [G]song

Chorus

[C]As I wait with the [D]world to welcome [Em]you

[C]Let me know if there's [D]anything I can [Em]do

[C]Little child I’ll [D]be right here for [G]you

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "Little Child"

Hi jets another good one,and congratulations, it sounds as if you will not be living close too your new grand child. I know how that is as I have three grandaughters,I live in california and my sons live in s.scarolina and georgia. Time for you too get a web cam and skype[or something like it so you can talk too them on the web,If you dont have it already].

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Heartiest Congratulations To you all .

What a lucky wee baby, being born into such a loving family. Plus a songwriter as a grand daddy.

well done , lovely song.

Old doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi jeff and congratulations, welcome to the club

i've got 8 grandchildren at the moment, soon to become 9 with my youngest son's daughter expected in october.

i remember when my daughter was about ready to pop with my first grandchild, it's the only time i've carried my mobile [cell phone] around with me. now it's not so stressful but no less exciting.

great song and once again congrats. enjoy it as much as you can, even though your so far apart.
all mine are within a few miles, except for the two in australia which we visited last year, love them all

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations to you, Michiya, Aya and her partner.

My eldest grandchild was 20 in June and my youngest is 13 but it only seems five minutes ago when I was feeding and changing their nappies (diapers). Time flies but I still remember the excitement and impatience waiting for each to arrive although I am sure it must have been worse for their mothers.

Lovely song and this one you surely must record on a CD for the little one to keep if not for your Chordie friends to hear.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks to you all. The first one is always special and I just wish I were closer.  A web cam is a great idea dino and Roger, I will record this one soon and send it out their way.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Congrats Jeff. smile

I have a 24 year old son and oddly enough the thought of someday soon being a Grandfather is pretty cool.
The webcam sounds like the perfect solution to close the gap and not miss anything special.
Looking forwards to the recording and nice writing. smile

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi jeff you've an exciting moment ahead,i lost count at "12 "another two on the way,one is our first great grandchild,congrats anyway and savour the moment....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks Daddy - I promise to post a pic on myspace when he or she is born....still bums me out that I can't be there for the birth.

J  E  T  S

hi jeff you'll have to ask them to email pictures when the baby is born,enjoy the moment...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I will Daddy - I doubt I will ever get enough pictures though. smile

J  E  T  S

Congrats Jeff a very special song for a special moment well done JETS! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank you Russ!

J  E  T  S