Topic: Mantis Woman.

Hi,
Ive been scooting around this countryside of ours  for the last few days in a "Ducato Elnagh Duke".  Girletts quality time lol,
I have traveled a lot  in the last 20 years with groups of woman. Some of the groups were as big as 35 woman and some a small as 4. All in all ive had great times but, i have seen some predatory stunts played on the opposite sex by a few woman. I came to the conclusion a long time ago there are woman like this. These woman have absolutely no compassion for the male once they
set there sights.
I love all my female friends dearly. This doesnt mean i have to approve of there behaviour!  This song is about how i see some of them operate.
One simple sentence in  conversation  also was the inspiration for these lyrics.

Thank You for reading.

Mantis Womanby Helena Donovan   8/08

[G]She folds her legs adjusts her straps she[C] gives a pious look

[D7] She’s quietly perusing a [G] man that she can hook

[C] Her reproductive system she[G] uses for to claim

[A]To get a man is her plan she [D] plays the mantis game. [D7]

[G]It’s not that she is hungry or[C] wants to eat his head

[D7]She just wants a good time on the [G]town or in his bed.

[C]She panning like a digger she’s [G]banking on fool’s gold

[A]Curves are her best assets the [D] woman is the mould[D7]

[G]She is the praying mantis [Em] not every woman’s call

[Am]Her dignity can be primitive [D7] she’s always on the pull

[G]Her kisses will ensnare you [Em] her eyes allure sedate

[Am]Keep your head and secrets or she will [D7] decapitate.

In your [G] bed she’ll caress you; [C] softly set the scene

[D7]Has the generation gene of [G] many mantis queens

[C]Yes she will devour you; you [G]just may rue the day

[A]Be prepared to leave her bed let [D] legend have its way

[G]She is the praying mantis [Em] not every woman’s call

[Am]Her dignity is primitive [D7] always on the pull

[G]Her kisses will ensnare you [Em] her eyes allure sedate

[Am]Keep your head and secrets or she will [D7] decapitate.

[G] Keep your head and secrets so you [D] won’t end up [G] as her date.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Mantis Woman.

lol lol where is this queen she sounds perfect for me lol (just kidding) great lyrics I had to read them twice I wonder if she's ever been to jamaca smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Helena,

Having had the privilege of seeing the lyrics last week I am pleased to see you have the chords to it now. It plays well and I have to say that I have met a few "ladies" in the past that this song could have been written for. Well done.

Now when are we going to hear your melodious tones getting to grips with this one. There is a place on FoC pre booked for you lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Lena
Good to know that they're all not of the mantis breed smile
I wish I had read this before I met Bimbo #2...I could have saved a few gray hairs and and a whole pile of cash. lol
Nice writing and thanks for the enlightenment.

Now if we could only hear this tune it would be complete. smile

Kapa

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Good-gracious-almighty!
Lena, you have hit a bullseye with this one . . . thank goodness not all women are of the Mantis breed.

The one consolation in all this is that manipulative persons usually get just what they deserve eventually.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I like the way you think James smile

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi helena,

arnt ducatti's motorbikes?

i've become aware of your "mantis women" over the last few years, they are the ones that [while i'm on stage singing] will flash their bra's [if their wearing them] or of late, their thong!

i'm not boasting but a few have even come up and fondled me! they must be hard up to need to fondle me....

yes you've hit the nail on the head here, well described and written, love to hear it as you intend it, so get recording

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you all as always.

Kapa yes! I hope to get around soon to some recording. I usually do  a few together.

James , your right. The universe has a flawless way of payback. The few mantis women i knew are all alone now.

lost families, homes, and Husbands. Some dont have any beauty left either inside or out.  Which is very sad.
They paid a heavy price to keep there  egoes  inflated .  We makes our choices.

Phil, Im sure they are motorbikes! But mine wasnt lol. God the image is hilarious to me. Vroom Vroom!

http://www.amb-reisemobile.de/vermietung/mietkat2.htm       This is what i meant Sir.

Old Doll.

Old Doll,
I like the song. would like to hear it. I'm working on recording mine, but I'm new to the process.
Singing is not my strong point, that's for sure. I seem to sound ok till' I hear myself, ugh!!
I run all the wildlife off, and my neighbors too!! But I try. By the way, thanks for the kind words
'bout my songs. I haven't tried to play your song yet, but I like the lyrics. Good job!
                                                                                                                   getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Old Doll,
  This is a very cool, hip, colorful, thought provoking gem of a song! Awesome. I could imagine one the hot new comers like KT Tunstall or someone along her status performing this song, after you show 'em how it's done, of course. Hope all's golden and grand with you.

Ciao Bella,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Thank You"  both Mó Cara's

I would gladly hand it over to KT. Love to see/ hear what way she'd  sing and perform it.

Goose bumps just thinking of it.

All's well in my world.

Love from the Emerald.

Old Doll.

hi helena,
it's a caravanette! roll and german too vorspung dorch teknik or something?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Helena,

I love your lyrics.
Is it ok for you when I play that song in my program on stage?
I would like to sing it.

HAve a nice day

Alfred

Let

Gosh! Absolutely st800,

I am Totally Flattered that you would want to.

Grinning like a cheshire cat I am!

Thank You!

Old Doll

Hey Lena
Nice to see your back into the songwriting again..
I suppose there are women like that out there but I've led a very sheltered life  smile
But I have had my head bitten off a few times though verbally speaking..
Nice one
Ark

Thank You Arkady,

Sure didnt i do that me self with you! Then took you around the sites of the Emerald ! lol

Ps. Forgive me Alfred, im just remembering who you are now!  I hope life is wonderful for you.

Forever grateful to you Sir!

Old Doll.

Thanks Helena,

If I get a record of your song I will send it to you.
My life is wonderful, I cancelled my job and I relax for a while.
The I will try to live from my music, it will be hard but I think I will have more fun in my life to do that.
smile

Nice weekend

Alfred

Let

Hey Lena - I know there are women out there like this but I have been fortunate enough to not meet any or been looked upon as "Mantis Worthy". Still, I can picture this being performed at a place like Pat O'Briens in New Orleans. If you've never been there you should give it a visit. It's a fun piano bar that's filled with laughter and all sorts of festive people from pretty much every where.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thank You Jets,

Pat O'Briens sounds like my kind of place to be.

Old Doll.