Topic: RUSSELL LONG LIVE THE MUTANTS

THIS phrase deserves a topic on it's own.
Dear RUSSELL this isn't a joke I adore this phrase, and as a competition lover I want to see if there are chordians who can create short and similar PHRASES like Russ did.
BUT FIRST: Where and why does it come from? Where did you find it and what is the "catch" behind "long live the mutants? I love it so bad, I even envy you. (because I adore word games, anagrams, instant poetry, limericks)
It should be a great name of a band: THE MUTANTS, or THE MUTANTS ft RUSSEL. It's short and great. Love it RUSS, I see that a few "amigos" on chordie start quoting this.
WHO CAN DO BETTER?
MY PHRASES or WORDS:
I love TWISTED DNA'S , ET is BACK or the RODOCBOT (that's a nice one).

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by Zurf 2008-08-25 11:58:17)

Re: RUSSELL LONG LIVE THE MUTANTS

It started with a conversation between Russell and I about barre chords.  Russell gave me some very good advice on how to play a "B" chord, but because of previous injuries to left hand, some of the fingers don't flex the way they were designed to do.  So, rather than admit to my own failure, I took the much cheaper and easier route of accusing anyone who can readily play a "B" chord to be a mutant.  Russell went on to explain the many uses of the "B" chord barre configuration and rubbed it in real good that he was a far better guitar player than I am (no question about that).  Upon describing all these wonderful things that he could do (not bragging, mind you, he was trying to give me incentive to learn), he declared Long Live The Mutants!

It is, I presumed, a spin-off phrase from the medieval "The King is dead.  Long live the King." sort of phrase. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-08-25 14:27:22)

Mutants rule! lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

So HOW DO YOU TAKE THE B CHORD? I take the B chord often on the 7th fret, but BE AWARE FOR NOT TOUCHING THE OTHER STRINGS, on the 4th fret B G D strings (without taking a barré on the 2nd fret). I wrote it already before, my greatest skill on guitar is SWITCHING CHORDS.
UNFORTUNATELY: No fingerpicking, sometimes flat picking but strumming is my "thing"

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

You can also play a B without barring it by x2444x useing your 1st finger for the 2 and third fourth and 5th fingers on the 4th fret smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Another way to play B without barring is xx4442. Index finger on 1st string, middle on 4th, ring on 3rd and pinky on 2nd.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"