Topic: {t:title"rocking chair blues"}

rocking chair blues 21/08/08
                            by robert bonsall
                           [vamping and bouncy beat}
chorus
[a]sitting in my rocking chair,
a[d]record playing loud,
[a]rocking to the music,
i've[e] got the rocking chair[a] blu-es.

[a]playing my records,                                                           
[d]listening to the sounds,                                                       
[a]wanting to create,                                                                 
[e]all these wonderful[a] songs.

chorus
a[d]record playing loud,
[a]rocking to the music,
i've[e] got the rocking chair[a] blu-es.

[a]playing my guitar,
[d]got my own sound,
[a]nothing too fancy,
[e]music is alway[a]around.

chorus
a[d]record playing loud,
[a]rocking to the music,
i've [e]got the rocking chair[a] blu-es.

[a]writing the lyrics,
[d]the song is complete,
[a]adding some chords,
[e]to give my song a[a] beat.

chorus
a[d]record playing loud,
[a]rocking to the music,
i've[e] got the rocking chair[a] blu-es,
i've [e]got the rocking chair[a] blu-es.

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: {t:title"rocking chair blues"}

Hey Daddy - I have a rocking chair blues some where up here too!  Not exactly like yours but I like yours too. smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

3 (edited by Phill Williams 2008-08-22 14:38:56)

HI DADDY,

another fine one my friend'

i used to have a rocking chair once too, but my ex took it with her when she left [i miss the chair more, so much more i cant even remember her name] roll

keep em coming wink

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi jeff i don't have a chair,or do you mean a similar song,thanks for your comments....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi phill i seem to remember someone in the family having one,don't remember who but it used to relax you rocking in it,thanks for your comments...stay cool

Hi Daddycool,

It is a good job I was not rocking in a chair to the beat I put to this song - I would have rocked it over! lol.

Nice song and easy to play, well done and thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hi roger i try to keep them easy then more members can enjoy them and increase their songwriting skills and playing,thanks for your comments....stay cool

daddycool wrote:

hi jeff i don't have a chair,or do you mean a similar song,thanks for your comments....stay cool

I meant I have a song with the same title that is quite a bit different

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Daddy smile  I have a big ole Lazy-boy that I do most of my thinking and playing in.
Thanks
Kap54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi jeff its a good job its different or you'd say i've inched your song,i would'nt do that anyway,thanks for your comment....stay cool

hi ken i bet its cosy with loads of cushions ,i'll have to look out for one....staycool

My grandparents used to have a heavy, black, cane rocking chair that would almost rock itself. The seat was busted out so you had to put a pillow across it to sit. They lived deep in the city, but still under the brow of Belfast's hills - Mountcashel St for anys might know it. I used to sit in the attic looking out through the skylight and rock.

Now they give us prozac !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

hi alan its great when a word or a certain item brings back memories,thanks for your imput....stay cool

Daddycool,

My brother has me Mams old rocker. I still love to sit in it when i visit.  Comforting still somehow.

Phill Williams. " Your so bold" : lol:

Kapa, send that lazy boy this way please!

Well done Daddy, stay cool.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi helena thanks for your comments....stay cool