Topic: Epi g400: any good??

I am lookin into a epi g400, but started having second thoughts as to the firebird studio(Epi). which is overall better? sound, quality, durability, looks, weight, all dat jazz. i like to play rock, hard rock, some metal(lighter stuff not into heavy), classic rock,blablablabla.
plz rply
thx

Re: Epi g400: any good??

Both can do hard rock Gecko, both are a similar solid body with stoptail and tuneomatic, so the real decider is body shape. Get yourself to anystore with an SG or Firebird clone and give them a hold. Ideally try both with a strap on. You'll either like the lower 'wing' of the firebird (something to get your knee under if you want to grapple with the neck, I'm considering an Iceman bass for this reason) or find the neck heads for the floor too easily.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

what im tryin to decide for here is sound. how do the pickups comparison?
i heard that the firebird can be a bit too muddy, but i like versitality.

I just recieved my musiciansfriend.com magazine today and they have the Epi G400 for 399.99

thx 4 all ur suggestions but i alredy bought the g400(black finish is awesom) and discoveerd the sound is amazing. i am overly happy with my purchase. it plays like a gibson after i lowered the action a little. i have a hrd time putting it down.

thx all

RockinGecko