1 (edited by bud_wiser 2008-08-07 23:05:32)

Topic: Another song's got me in a flap

I've posted things like this before so apologies for boring anyone.....but I'm looking for similarly minded music geeks (I'm pretty confident there are a few of them on here) to share this with.

Basically one of my friends sets me little musical challenges every so often of songs to learn. Her most recent one to me on Tuesday was to learn "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" by The Script.

I've since done this but the biggest thing is that this song got me genuinely excited....I was cursing the fact I had to go to work or go to bed because all I wanted to do was play it some more and finally nail that next bit that had been throwing me and so on. I looove when a song gets you like this. Last one was  KT Tunstall song....but this one was unexpected as it's a bit sugary for my tastes normally. Comes across well on acoustic though and I think it's maybe one of my best covers now. It's definitely going in the set list for my next BBQ.

Have a look if you like but unlike some of my other posts, this isn't about self promotion, more about sharing the feeling of when a song gets in your head and you just HAVE to play it and play it!! Great fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An0RJkSKVu8

Cheers guys,

Mark

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Re: Another song's got me in a flap

Hey Bud_wiser, nicely done!

Looking for like minded geeks.... eh?  Well you might find a few hanging around sites like this one.
  To be honest with you, I haven't heard much stuff from The Script, I tend to lean more to classic rock, and jazz.  But good music is, just as truth is truth. After hearing your very good acoustic cover, I will HAVE to look this group up and check out more of their music.

Thanks for Posting;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi Mark,

I have not heard that song before but I really enjoyed it too. Your peformance too was up to your usual high standard. I shall certainly be listening to it again and maybe asking you to send me the lyrics and chords.

The song that has me in a flap at the moment is our very own Phill Williams' "The Broken Doll", I cannot stop singing it.

Roger

PS I left a similar comment on YouTube for you.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ah Budwiser,

Great stuff Sir! It is a great song. I could hear all  your barbecue friends sing the chorus loud and clear.

Such a good song!

Very well done as always!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Holy moley guys....seems I'm not the only one who likes this song. It's received over 1000 hits on Youtube in 8 days....maybe not that many in the scheme of things, but as far as my songs on Youtube go, this is epic.

A huge thank you to all of you who have looked / rated / commented. I hope you liked the song as much as I enjoyed playing it.

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

I was one of those thousand. Nice job!!
I think like 734.3    8-)

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"