1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-08-15 04:30:32)

Topic: ANOTHER DAY

I ran across the chords while playing guitar in the park so I wrote some lyrics hope you enjoy I uploaded this to myspace

ANOTHER DAYby Russell Harding

intro:

[E]

verse 1:

[E]dont you ever [A]think a[E]bout me in the [C#m]nights

when your a[B]lone [E]how could you [A]leave me [E]knowing

I cant [F#m]live without you [B]gone

[F#m]my nights are [B]black and [E]empty and the [A]days just pass me [B]by and

[F#m]tommorows the [B]same old [E]story another [A]day in my [B]life

Chorus:

the [D]wind will blow [A]free and the [G]sun will still [D]shine like the [G]moon

and the [D/F#]stars in the[A]sky [D]nobody [A]knows what to[G]morrow will [D]bring

I [G]wish it was [D/F#]love in your [A]eyes[B]

verse 2:

the [E]time has [A]come to be [E]going but I [C#m]dont know where just [B]why

and I [E]know it [A]will be [E]better if we [F#m]never say good[B]bye, some

[E]times I [A]may think a[E]bout you its [C#m]bound to cross my [B]mind

but I'll [E]only re[A]member the [E]good things the [F#m]bad times I'll leave be[B]hind

solo

(repeat) my nights are black and empty and the days just pass me by

tommorows the same old story another day in my life

repeat chorus and 1st line of the 1st verse and fade

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: ANOTHER DAY

Another good one Russell,

Nice song , also a nice way to start the day listening to my chordie friends.

Plus its not raining this morning. How lucky am i ?.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Helena hope the nice weather holds out for your visit to your surprise party and thank you for your always gracious words of encouragment smile

hi russell a brilliant song,can't listen at moment my flash player has gone awol got to get it sorted ,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Daddycool thanks a lot for your comment, sorry to hear about your flash player puters can really be an inconvience at times hope ya get it sorted out smile

Russ how many instruments do you play? Is that you on a steel slide? Great tune..Im curious about singing harmony with yourself..I can attest to the number of retakes that I do in recording, let alone trying harmonizing... I could never afford real studio time..Well done and keep those tunes rolling..marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

7 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-08-15 21:23:38)

Marc I play 7 differen't instruments,im not sure what song your refering to as far as a steel slide but yes I play steel slide the song "Another new day" I used accustic. manual drum pads.electric guitar with the boss br8 effects for making a guitar a bass. and a lead track with a little bit of reverb.delay and chorus the vocals were double tracks so all in all I recorded 8 tracks with two differen't mixes the one i first uploaded was just mixed with the br8 the other with audacity one track at a time as far as singing harmony its something I have been doing since i was 5 with my sisters and mother and its sort of natural and thanks for the nice words I appreciate that and I will keep them tunes rolling i have 3 more to record what a great life music is smile

marcalan wrote:

Russ how many instruments do you play? Is that you on a steel slide? Great tune..Im curious about singing harmony with yourself..I can attest to the number of retakes that I do in recording, let alone trying harmonizing... I could never afford real studio time..Well done and keep those tunes rolling..marcalan

Hi Russell
Nuther good one from you.:)

"my nights are black and empty and the days just pass me by"

Great writing,melody and mix.
Lots going on in there.Nice harmonizing in the chorus.

Thanks
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks kap I do appreciate that, this song took a lot more time to put together. I had a basic chord progression and no words then I remembered a video I made of myself playing a rough version of the chord changes when I was sitting at the lake kinda busking ( I made 8 dollars) enough for ice cream and a store bought pizza, and i wrote the changes down from the video and the 1st verse and after that I had a easier time arranging the rest of the song but the mixing took the longest it usually will being the last step sometime I'm gonna plunk down the bucks for some studio time and let somebody else who gets paid to do it take the reins then all I will have to do is play and sing,I have a friend who owns traxx studios in mequon wisconsin we were in the same band quite a while ago and remained friends for the last 30 yrs he offered me a really special rate something like $35.00 an hour and.........I think I will take him up on his offer his equipment is the best in the industry and his studio is the only grammy winning studio in wisconsin and is located only 10 miles from me ive done some commercials for him so he owes me a few favors and working with top notch session musicians,well it dont get any better then that smile

Hi Russell,

Another great song from you with nice harmonies too. thank you.

By the way I hope you had your hat on the ground and made plenty of cash whilst playing in the park smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Russ still finding the time to write some songs then. smile
Another one up to your usual high standards of writing and recording...
Ark

Roger thank you for your comment and it was cool chatting with you on gmail the other day I get to speak with a lotta people that way and its funny caus there voices sound different then your mental picture of what you think they sound and I kinda put my hat on the bench and primed it with a few bucks and some loose change so they could take pity on a begger lol

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Russell,

Another great song from you with nice harmonies too. thank you.

By the way I hope you had your hat on the ground and made plenty of cash whilst playing in the park smile.

Roger

Ark thanks for your thougnts,yes I still find time to write and record I have 2 more that will be finished this weekend and I will upload them, I visited your page and enjoyed the new look and songs looks like this new recording method is working well for you and if you get the time accept my invite on gmail it would be nice to communicate live in real time and I could pick your brain a little on the audacity program lol

arkady wrote:

Russ still finding the time to write some songs then. smile
Another one up to your usual high standards of writing and recording...
Ark