1 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-15 00:36:43)

Topic: Shimmer

Here's a new collabaration effort..Hope Y'all enjoy something a wee bit different..Your patience is most appreciated. We had fun with this one ..I hope always... to never be the same..

Have a listen  http://www.myspace.com/friar101

ShimmerDonovan/McVicker 2008

capo second fret

[Bm]There’s a shimmer in the[Am] distance

[Bm] It lands softly on the[Am] sea

[C]It whispers on the[Asus] water

[C]You’re lonely just like[B7] me

[Bm]There’s heat in Mr.[Am] Sunshine

[Bm]Warm comfort in His[Am] rays

[C]His fingertips to your[Asus] heart

[C]Is what it softly[B7] says

Chorus

[E]So hold me in this[Am] moment

[G]Don’t you go away no[B7] more

[Am]It’s a long and lonesome[G] journey

[C]It’s ebbing comes[B7] ashore

[C]it’s ebbing comes[B7] ashore

end Chorus

[Bm]Whispers on the[Am] water

[Bm]Spelling out our[Am] names

[C]For true love not [Asus] forgotten

[C]We will now[B7] reclaim

Bridge

[C]So I will hold you in my[G] strings

[C]I hope you do the [Asus]same

[C]They will keep us where they[G] will

[B7]and never cause us [Em]pain

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Re: Shimmer

hi marcalan great lyrics ,nice flow to song ,have to catch up on listening later,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Nice work on this piece marcalan.
Very laid back feel.
I hope your gonna post this at OurStage smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

4 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-16 00:36:13)

ok dude Kap.... how to? thanks for our support...M

I would try another.

Marc I messaged you but i will repeat it this is a very nice departure for you yea like neal young said "middle of the road is ok but you meet more interesting people in the ditch" when asked about his hit heart of gold so keep writing i enjoyed listining to it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey marcalan
Nice sounds..
Having fun with music is what it's all about... well that's what I keep telling myself smile
Ark

Hi Marcalan,

A great song from you and Helena, a partnership that works very well. Thank you I enjoyed it and you should put it up on OurStage.

roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

8 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-16 13:48:15)

Your responses are most appreciated..After doing recordings I always say, "Dont ever let someone tell you that being a musician/ recording artist is easy work." I'm always encouraged here with my friends on chordie and departure from the mundane is good advise Russ we should all be aware of..Thanks again starting with daddycool,Kap, Russ, Ark, and Roger. When Lena gets back I'm sure she'll write as well...marcalan

I would try another.

9 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-16 16:12:11)

Well Guys and Gals I think I did it i've put "Shimmer" on Our stage listed as contemporary/rock
Under      Friar101 / Marcalan      Idont know exactly how this works.. anybody care to explain in simple terms?  Roger?

I would try another.

Hey Marc
Glad you got your song up on Ourstage good luck....
Here's how work it suposed to work from the horse's mouth so to speak..

How does the ranking engine work?
The ranking or judging is done via two patent pending algorithms that serve up top ranking, middle ranking and relatively new uploaded material in a channel in "somewhat" random fashion for someone to judge.
When we say somewhat, we mean that we take care of serving up the material in a fair and unbiased fashion. We are watching very carefully to make sure that each item in the channel gets equal exposure--we guarantee that. Whether that happens in a particular judging session, though, is another matter.

Depending on how much our users like something (rank it favorably), and how long they want to keep on ranking, the ranking engine will try to get the user to discriminate how much more an item is liked over other ranked items, and thus, the reason why users may see what appears to them as the same item coming up during several battles.

Our site users who judge cannot request what material they will be served to judge. During judging they have to view or play the material served, and at a minimum, they have to screen an item for 15 seconds each before they can rank one item over another.

Then, all of the rankings from all of the users are taken together and the ranking engine bubbles up the best items to the top!
Here's a link to the FAQ on ourstage....  http://www.ourstage.com/about/faqs#faq465a

I'm still not sure of the "Fairness" of it all myself

Ark

Just had a listen at OurStage Marc....:) Sounds good.

Luck to ya Mate
KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Well Thank You" Friar 101,

You did  fantastic  with this song. I love the recording, The bossa nova beat is so good.
I see here now you have added it to Our stage! Great work while i was away Friar enjoying myself.
You have me spoiled rotten. lol

Make sure theres butter on the Corn, lol lol lol

The best of the Emerald to you Friar101.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi - I enjoyed shimmer - made me wonder what you were using to record with. I went on to listen to 5000 miles; nice... the long intro settles you down nicely, when the story unfolds you're ready to listen..
well crafted song. thank you for sharing. I think I'll go grab my guitar and try it.

Thanks again.

Gordon

don't give up yet...

14 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-21 02:58:51)

Nice of you to say, trogdor..it was to do exactly that..to make the listener think the song would be the same mundain, lure you in and   shock,...there you are...visual stories thru audio is what we're after.. stage sets ...thumb nails in the visual art world ..you are most appreciated in your words. Be loose with the D chord dont play it all I think you'll hear it.
I played both guitars, and bass thru the BR8 didgital studio, drum machine, and my vocals..very little effects on the recording ..i like to keeep raw..Lena and I give you thanks for your comments ,....marcalan

I would try another.

Truly delightful! Love the lyric and the rhythmic groove - beautifully done.
Y'all have a great collaborative chemistry.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thank James; Lena makes it easy...marcalan

I would try another.