1 (edited by BOBCATU22 2008-08-04 22:42:09)

Topic: FINDING (BOOKS)TABS/MELODY- FOR LATIN MUSIC

HI, I NEED ALL THE INSIDE INFO I CAN GET HERE :-) RECENTLY I'VE BEEN PLAYING LATIN SONGS - AND I LOVE THE MUSIC-ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC,.FINGERPICKING NOTES PLAYING THE MELODIES-I  HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING BOOKS WITH TABS OF FAMOUS LATIN MUSIC.GOT ONE FROM HAL LEANARD, BUT THE GOOD ONE WITH 102!! GREAT(PERFECT) SONGS"LATIN FAVORITES"HAS NOTES, BUT NO TAB.    THE 62 PAGE !  "LATIN FAVORITES"   I BOUGHT ,IS GOOD! AND HAS NOTES- AND TABS !~ SO~~ DOES ANYONE KNOW 'AN EASY WAY',TO TRANSPOSE THE NOTES INTO GUITAR TAB-?? I CAN READ THE MUSIC-!! (NOTES) BUT - ITS A BEAR TO TRANSPOSE TO TAB., UNLESS I COULD KNOW (WHICH)?? A- OR B--ETC. =ON MY GUITAR STRINGS,NECK THEY MEAN.WISH I HAD A DRAWING OF THE  5 STRING STAFF NOTES CONVERTED INTO 6 STRING GUITAR TAB  NOTES. ALSO WHERE TO BEST FIND ?-  LATIN SONGS' BOOKS,SHEET MUSIC WITH 'GUITAR 'TABS OF THEM. THANKS TO ALL !    RESPECTFULLY JIM

Re: FINDING (BOOKS)TABS/MELODY- FOR LATIN MUSIC

Hello Bobcatu22
If you mean songs in Spanish, there's a wonderful site called
Lacuerda.net is on spanish all kind of music and even classical pieces,, and you can transponde the songs too , not all the song are perfect because people post them, but you'll notice by playing them

of course if you can speak spanish will be a lot easier to navigate de site,,

I hope it Helps
Peace and keep playing

Re: FINDING (BOOKS)TABS/MELODY- FOR LATIN MUSIC

Welcome to Chordie Bobcatu22,

Well I would assume that you know what notes your guitar is tuned to in standard tuning, EADGBE low to high, so you really need to know the scales and where each of the notes appears on the fretboard (that is to say string and fret) TAB tells you that information, but not what note it is.  You might try www.guitaralchemist.com and install the free version.  It has a fretboard indicator, along with the standard notation, modes, scales and extensive chord chart that you may find helpful. You should also be made aware that the guitar is tuned at bass E below middle C (piano) and guitar sheet music is scored to fit guitar.  Orchestral and piano music is scored differently, and you will find middle C on your A string 3rd fret if you are playing a piano score.  Usually guitar sheet music has a "C" indicator under the staff of the opening measure just below the treble clef.

Confused yet?  If so...  ask more questions!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare